link g4+ knock audio background noise

Alex Hewson

Afternoon all

sorry for the daft question but im having abit of issue setting the knock audio up correctly.

I currently have the link knock block with both sensors mounted in the factory spot on the block, along with a 3.5MM jack lead to the laptop

When following the instructions to set up the knock audio i'm getting back ground noise through my microphone on the laptop.  i have tried another laptop and the same issue occurs. I have had a play around with some of the settings on the laptop but none stop the issue. 
The knock audio will still pick up KHZ when the knock block is turned off with the engine running. is there a specific setting you have to change on the your laptop?
Im running Windows 10 as well.

Hi Adam

Cheers for the reply, i found the issue and it was nothing to do with settings. I tried another 3.5MM lead but this one was a 3 ring instead of a 2. Turns out even if you push the 2 ring 3.5MM lead into the port so it clicks it wont work, i had to pull it out slightly. Something so simple.