Attempting 1st start, Setting injector deadline for id1050x

Pointz

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

Download the Link plug & play data for your model injector from here:  http://help.injectordynamics.com/support/solutions/articles/4000074340-link-engine-management  Set the fuel pressure you intend to run in the spreadsheet, then copy/paste the data straight into PC Link.

Thank you!

I done that but no start i have attached a log of cranking here is there anything (Or many things) wrong here.

I have fitted a 300zx plugin in my ca18det s13 and uploaded the s13/s14 base map and changed the outputs in pclink to suit.

Its getting fuel because it stinks of it and occasionally pops but not firing.

Log 2019-08-21 9;51;40 pm.llg

Thats a very short log so we may not have the whole picture, but it is not showing any rpm value, suggesting your trigger 1 or 2 is not working correctly. If it smells of fuel at this point, check for leaks as the pump is likely running but the injectors are not firing so you should not really smell fuel.

Look at your trigger 1 & 2 configs and follow the set up process for the nissan opto 360 trigger in the help file. You will need a timing light to complete this.

You should see ~200rpm while cranking, and until you get this, spark/fuel/etc will not fire as they have no idea where the engine is in its rotation.

It looks like most of it is working and it is not far off running.  Have you checked coils are connected to the correct cylinders using the ignition test function?  Have you check base timing is roughly in the ball park while cranking?  Is there fuel pressure/fuel pump working?  

Also the log shows quite a high inj PW while cranking so that may flood it quite easy, you might need to reduce your master fuel.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

It looks like most of it is working and it is not far off running.  Have you checked coils are connected to the correct cylinders using the ignition test function?  Have you check base timing is roughly in the ball park while cranking?  Is there fuel pressure/fuel pump working?  

Also the log shows quite a high inj PW while cranking so that may flood it quite easy, you might need to reduce your master fuel.

Whilst cranking it was showing between 12 and 14° timing, base is set at 15°

I will double check spark order, firing order is correct.

I have set the PW and dead times as per the file you linked above although when copy pasting the PW the link knocked the PW figures back slightly? 

I will check the above 1st then look into master fuel! 

Thank you you have been a great help! 

Also the ca has low impedance injectors as standard and I have fitted Id 1050x which are high impedance so I have bypassed the oem resistor, I assume this was the correct thing to do?

Do you have a lambda sensor hooked up? As Adam mentioned, your injector pulse width is quite high for 1050x's on a 1.8 engine. I suspect its running rather rich and so you are having to feed it ~10% throttle to stay at idle. A lambda reading would confirm this.

If you dont have one, just try dropping your master fuel by about 25% and see if everything improves. I suspect the "right" number is actually about 50% of your current value, but do 25% first and see if its heading in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Pointz said:

The pulse width is copied from the Id table?

We are talking about the commanded injector PW from the ecu, not the short pulse width adder table.  If you are using traditional fuel equation you will notice there is no setting in the ecu for the injector flow rate, the overall amount of fuel being injected is taken care of by adjusting the master fuel number. 

19 minutes ago, Adamw said:

We are talking about the commanded injector PW from the ecu, not the short pulse width adder table.  If you are using traditional fuel equation you will notice there is no setting in the ecu for the injector flow rate, the overall amount of fuel being injected is taken care of by adjusting the master fuel number. 

I honestly have no idea how to calculate this! 

At the moment I have master fuel set at 10ms

And master fuel trim set at 0%

Just change it to 7 and see what happens.

There is an explanation on the fuelling calculations in the help file. Short version, that 7ms means that if you had 100 in a fuel table cell at 100kpa, you would get 7ms. if you changed the table value to 50 you would get 3.5ms (50% x 100%(kpa) x 7ms). If you had a fuel table cell at 50kpa with a 100 value you would also get 3.5ms. And at 50kpa and a fuel table value of 50 you would get ~1.7ms (0.5 * 0.5 * 7ms)

[edit] if you have a lambda gauge, what value is on it when its struggling to idle like that? is it something like 10:0 (0.65 ish lambda)?

1 hour ago, cj said:

Just change it to 7 and see what happens.

There is an explanation on the fuelling calculations in the help file. Short version, that 7ms means that if you had 100 in a fuel table cell at 100kpa, you would get 7ms. if you changed the table value to 50 you would get 3.5ms (50% x 100%(kpa) x 7ms). If you had a fuel table cell at 50kpa with a 100 value you would also get 3.5ms. And at 50kpa and a fuel table value of 50 you would get ~1.7ms (0.5 * 0.5 * 7ms)

[edit] if you have a lambda gauge, what value is on it when its struggling to idle like that? is it something like 10:0 (0.65 ish lambda)?

Awesome!!! changed it to 7ms and it now runs sweet, idle was around 400-500rpm so raised this via the iacv or can i raise it in pclink?

idle afr is around 15.5 on afr although i will connect the wideband to the ecu today so i can log it.

went up the road gently and have made a log if anyone gets a chance to check it for any issues id be most grateful

Log 4.llg

so now it starts and drives. Do you have the skills and equipment to tune it? if not, now you take it to a tuner. If you hook up the lambda input to the ECU and you are careful & methodical you can probably tune the fuelling side of it on the street. You will need to get reasonably familar with how the fuelling tables work though (read the help file or look at some of the HPAcademy courses).