G4+ gtr plugin ecu

boomtheroom

This reply from nzefi 

Hi Chris,

For fuel pump speed control, you need to use a spare auxiliary output that supports GP PWM. These are AUX-1 through to AUX-8 only, which are on the ECU header connector on a GTR plug-in. Therefore, fuel pump speed control will not work through either of the expansion connectors on a GTR plug-in.

So what does this mean?

Or would i need to use both aux 1 and aux 2? one for speed and one for the trigger to switch on the relay to feed direct battery voltage to the fuel pump module? 

and would i need to splice into the side of the loom before the factory module of one of the wires already in the boot running to the factory fuel pump?

Cheers for the help

Fuel Pump Speed Control on G4+ Rev1.1.pdf

The "fuel pump enable" relay is already there (Aux 6), note however the main fuel pump relay gets its power from the ignition switch which is not a great idea with a bigger pump.  It would be wise to cut the wire off FP relay pin 3 and run it straight to the battery. 

You will want to cut the FPCM1 (aux 2) or FPCM2 (aux 1) wire off the FPCM and run that to your new controller.

bMZEHbv.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, Adamw said:

The "fuel pump enable" relay is already there (Aux 6), note however the main fuel pump relay gets its power from the ignition switch which is not a great idea with a bigger pump.  It would be wise to cut the wire off FP relay pin 3 and run it straight to the battery. 

You will want to cut the FPCM1 (aux 2) or FPCM2 (aux 1) wire off the FPCM and run that to your new controller.

bMZEHbv.png

so just to be clear if i use aux1 to go to the (Nzefi speed controller) then just leave aux 2 unused or can i use aux 2 to trigger the relay switch through

a new rely if i decide not to use the factory one?

527135255_FuelPumpSpeedControlonG4Rev1.1.pdf

1 hour ago, boomtheroom said:

so just to be clear if i use aux1 to go to the (Nzefi speed controller) then just leave aux 2 unused or can i use aux 2 to trigger the relay switch through

a new rely if i decide not to use the factory one?

Yep that would be fine, or use Aux 6 for the new relay.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, Adamw said:

It means you cant use the expansion connector, but Im not sure why you would want to anyway.  Aux 1 and 2 are already in the trunk/boot connected to the stock GTR fuel pump controller so use either of those.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, Adamw said:

bMZEHbv.png

On 9/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Adamw said:

Yep that would be fine, or use Aux 6 for the new relay.

if i use aux 2 to activate the relay do i connect the wire to the - side or the relay and the positive side (switch) to 12 v or does the aux 2 output 12 v to switch the relay on?