Evo PnP with Turbosmart E-gate

cubeqtio

From what I have heard from friends at Sema, they are designed to be driven like an E-throttle, it will need an H bridge with closed loop position control.  There was mention that them or a "partner" will be selling a separate driver box so you can control it via a more typical PWM type boost control signal.  

Im interested to know what you would need this for?  It seems like it is designed to replace the CO2 control on the Pro mods and similar where they do odd things at launch etc.  We use electronic wastegates in my current job and to be honest I dont see any real advantage over a more traditional option - we do it for quicker troubleshooting & scrutineering purposes mainly.  It takes a lot of work to get them to behave the way a pneumatic gate just behaves naturally during gear changes and stuff like that.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Adamw said:

From what I have heard from friends at Sema, they are designed to be driven like an E-throttle, it will need an H bridge with closed loop position control.  There was mention that them or a "partner" will be selling a separate driver box so you can control it via a more typical PWM type boost control signal.  

Im interested to know what you would need this for?  It seems like it is designed to replace the CO2 control on the Pro mods and similar where they do odd things at launch etc.  We use electronic wastegates in my current job and to be honest I dont see any real advantage over a more traditional option - we do it for quicker troubleshooting & scrutineering purposes mainly.  It takes a lot of work to get them to behave the way a pneumatic gate just behaves naturally during gear changes and stuff like that.

Was searching for options for booscontrol and was looking for this. Always look out for the new tech.