Jump to content
Akane

Altezza link Aux Inj outputs

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Trying to wire up the 1JZ-GTE VVTI to Altezza link.

I am trying to wire 2 additional injectors to the ECU, I see Inj 5 pinout is used by O2 sensor, inj 6 pinout is missing, same goes for inj 7.

 

What pinouts should i use to wire up additional injectors, and are they a "High resistance load"?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The altezzalink pinout in the help file shows inj5 & inj6 as O2 sensor heater & second o2 sensor heater if fitted to the vehicle. Pin O3 & Q11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cj said:

The altezzalink pinout in the help file shows inj5 & inj6 as O2 sensor heater & second o2 sensor heater if fitted to the vehicle. Pin O3 & Q11.

Hi CJ, thanks for that!  

 

What about Inj 7 and 8?  The specs shows this ECU should be cable of 8/8 Ign and Inj drivers.

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Inj 7 & 8 and Ign 8 are not connected on this ECU.

Hi Adamw,

 

Thanks for that, a little baffled why it's not since it's wouldn't add much more cost to producing the ECU, since the smarts are there already.

 

So my aim will be moving O2 sensor heater off Injector 5 to something else, am I correct in saying any one of the AUX output will be fine, set it as O2 Sensor heater and copy the settings over from Inj 5?

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This PnP has a shitload of IO anyway. The Exhaust VVTI outputs can be reused too for things. 
It's a fantastic package for the value. You are able to run full sequential 6 cylinder without too much trouble. Was there a reason you wanted 7&8?

I have one running my 2JZGTE VVTI. 

I've repinning my loom and reused, swapped around assignments. Things like reassigning the ACIS (variable intake) that is on AUX5 now controls the FAN, which was controlled on IGN6, which was freed up for future ignition upgrade. Also reassigned the ANVOLT1 which did goto OX1A now is connected to the Cruise Control stalk in my car so I have working cruise control.  I've also redirected some pins from the ecu to a external connector for these including those 3x IGN outputs. So can drive things line 4-5-6 IGN, 3x Digital Inputs for Flex etc.
I've also got a Expansion connector that has another 2 digital inputs as well as 2x Analog volt for pressure sensors and a AUX for boost control. 
I'm also using a Link CAN Wideband so it doesn't use any IO.

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Akane said:

Thanks for that, a little baffled why it's not since it's wouldn't add much more cost to producing the ECU, since the smarts are there already.

All of the plug-in ECU's only have 6 injector drives.  Although there are pins on the processor for the inj 7 & 8 functions, there is in fact no drivers or other conditioning electronics for inj 7/8 on the board.  Only on specific applications that need more IO or some other special reason for more injector drives then drives for inj 7/8 will be added to the separate adapter board for that application.  Since Link dont currently make a plug-in ecu for a car with more than 6 cylinders in most cases they are not needed.

 

8 hours ago, Akane said:

So my aim will be moving O2 sensor heater off Injector 5 to something else, am I correct in saying any one of the AUX output will be fine, set it as O2 Sensor heater and copy the settings over from Inj 5?

Yes that would be fine.  Although most people in a performance application wouldnt even want to keep the narrowband sensors anyhow.  If you are fitting a wideband that can do anything the narrowband could do and doesnt need a heater control aux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adamw said:

All of the plug-in ECU's only have 6 injector drives.  Although there are pins on the processor for the inj 7 & 8 functions, there is in fact no drivers or other conditioning electronics for inj 7/8 on the board.  Only on specific applications that need more IO or some other special reason for more injector drives then drives for inj 7/8 will be added to the separate adapter board for that application.  Since Link dont currently make a plug-in ecu for a car with more than 6 cylinders in most cases they are not needed.

 

Yes that would be fine.  Although most people in a performance application wouldnt even want to keep the narrowband sensors anyhow.  If you are fitting a wideband that can do anything the narrowband could do and doesnt need a heater control aux. 

Great answers, thanks for clearing everything up.

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...