2jz VVti trigger issues

duncan351

Long story short I had to pull my motor and rebuild it after spinning a rod bearing, So the motor was torn completely down and rebuild with same everything except replaced crankshaft, rods, & oil pump. Now the motor won't start. I have checked continuity on the cam sensor wiring Signal and sensor ground. which seems to me like its my trigger issue and They ohm'd out perfect they ohm'd out perfect. I have spark and fuel but spark seems to be firing 180* off all a sudden since reinstalling motor.  I am including a few logs of me try to start the car. I can confirm the spark if firing 180* off by using my timing light. My offset is 200 which was perfect before. I have physically re timed the motor a couple of times just to  make sure I wasn't off on my timing causing trigger errors and no difference.  Any advise on what I should try next? My arming voltage was at .5 at 0 rpm's but I raised it to .7 see if that would help but it still firing 180* out while the cams are rotating and I use timing light.

Trigger Scope Log 2019-11-30 10;19;17 am original arming voltage.llg last attempt trigger errors.llg Trigger Scope Log 2019-11-30 10;23;28 am .7 arming voltage trig 2.llg

It looks like your crank wheel has a damaged tooth.  It has the normal 2 missing tooth gap where it is meant to, then another single missing tooth about 180° opposite that it shouldnt have.  You will need to replace the wheel.

OqkWUHc.png

Update: Adam, Thank you for your support. Once a part one of the teeth were broken off between taking it off and installation on the rebuild. Motor started right up. Now I know how to identify a broken tooth in the trigger scope. Thanks again for all your help. Link has to be one of the best supporting aftermarket ECU companies out there. Great support!!!!