3SGE REDTOP BEAMS TUNING

Jenova

Hello,

I have swapped the stock 3sfe to a 3sge redtop beams in my 1991 Toyota Camry and in the process of converting it to a 5 speed manual. So I decided to get a standalone system for it, got a link g4+ fury and need some help figuring out how to set up a base map/tune it?

Hey Jenova, 

I've run a redtop 3SGE for a long time with a G4+. Great engine! 
You can use the Altezza 3SGE basemap, and then just turn off the exhaust side VVTI options. 
I can give you some decent maps for cam timing / ignition / etc but will need to know what sort of load axis you are using. 
(MAP sensor?)
If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a redtop specific map that you can start from.
But keep in mind there are a lot of variables that you'll still need to fine tune yourself for your particular engine.
I would reccomend that you switch to a set of Altezza injectors, if you can source them cheap locally where you are. 
Because I've got good accurate injector data for those, which helps a heap.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Hamid said:

I need some information i am using itbs on 3sge redtop and i wanted to know can i use the link g4+ ecu for the altezza 3sge blacktop which has map sensor built in the ecu for my 3sge redtop

What specific ECU do you have?  A Monsoon or one of out plug-ins?  

On 2/15/2023 at 6:24 AM, Hamid said:

Hi David

I need some information i am using itbs on 3sge redtop and i wanted to know can i use the link g4+ ecu for the altezza 3sge blacktop which has map sensor built in the ecu for my 3sge redtop

The Altezza ecu pinout is not the same as the OEM 3SGE redtop ecu if you are asking if the altezza ecu would work as a plug and play solution for your redtop engine.  Also the g4+ are no longer current production and you would want to go with a G4x ecu.  That said, it's certainly possible to run a 3SGE redtop with the Altezza plug-in ecu if you repin your wiring harness to match up - it's like a dozen or so pins that are different if memory serves.  Alternatively an adapter harness could be made to go from your redtop ecu pinout to a different ecu like the wire-in link ecu options or the altezza plug-in.