Tablet for PC Link, LINX 32gb 7" single power

doninphi

So I bought the tablet listed, yes I know you'll say its not dual power, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not fussed about bringing it in to charge etc...

So the software runs, I've got a cable to convert the USB down, but it doesn't seem to connect, are there specific baud rate and connection settings I should try?

Thanks.

Phil.

Im assuming first the ECU is wired to a car and powered up...

Incorrect or just junky USB OTG adapters is the most common problem I see with tablets.  If you look in windows device manager under ports COM & LPT you should see a Link ECU listed in there when it is plugged in.  If not then you have a connection/cable issue.

Yesssss.

Turns out the OTG splitter cable was what it needed. But needs power and data in to see the data connection. Odd but works.

No charging while data yet but apparently I can edit this in the bios

Super cheap setup however which is ace. Not too large to be on the dash and a bargain. Win

20200213_071329.jpg

Pic on the dash

IMG_20200204_190835_963.jpg

It was this otg...

Rii F1 Micro USB Host OTG Adapter Cable Micro USB to USB For Smart TV Compatible with Rii Keyboards Logitech Keyboards and Nintendo Switch SNES NES Classic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M83762Y/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_KjzrEbWM0CKZ4

The tablet is a 7" Linx second hand off Ebay. The battery life is great. I paid £41 delivered. Others on there now.

I put g4 software in the startup folder you can access on C: then in the link software auto connect on and full screen on. 

one press on and it turns on and loads straight away. 

I'm doing a layout tonight.

Its here!

Is there by any change a way to display both AFR and Lambda on the pc link?

I am aware of the units thing, how to swap from lambda to afr. I like to tune in lambda values, but I would like to have the gauge showing AFR while the app unit is lambda for the rest.

In the picture I was in AFR for the whole app. In the end I would like to have the pc link in lambda and only this dial gauge in afr.

dash.PNG

Yeah MGP is my relative manifold pressure relative to atmospehric.

It makes it a bit easier to read during short glance than absolute MAP itself.

And then factor 100 to get a reading coresponding to a bar unit, thing that I am used to read like on any other boost gauge