4age-20v after fw update

Dadoulis Paschalis

Hi all

Had just finished the car with the map tuning, I've only had the issue with the idle solenoid valve, so I had updated the firmware but then everything is dead, I can't even start the car:( 

Can anyone please have a look my file so as to maybe pinpoint my fault after the update, because it's the very same file that before the upgrade was working just fine

This car is on dizzy setup, 4a-ge 20v silvertop, no trigger errors.

Also is there a particular way to setup the vvti in this engine? I've tried all base toyota maps but I can't make it work....

Thanks a lot for your time

CELICA 20V SILVER.pclx

The map you attached is from an old firmware, not the current firmware.  So if this map came from the ecu as it is now then it is still running old firmware.  But it does show a lot of trigger errors so I suspect this is your problem.

There two aspects that have changed in newer firmware that may affect you:  

1. The trigger arming threshold table now starts at 500RPM rather than 0RPM.  You may need to lower the value in the first two cells.  I suggest setting as per my example below for both trig 1 and trig 2.
  2. The trigger 2 edge was wrong in early firmware versions and was fixed in newer versions, this may change your offset, so you need to check your base timing again.

zxvZ6gZ.png

For your switched cam, what aux output is the solenoid connected to?

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The map you attached is from an old firmware, not the current firmware.  So if this map came from the as as it is now then it is still running old firmware.  But it does show a lot of trigger errors so I suspect this is your problem.

1. The trigger arming threshold table now starts at 500RPM rather than 0RPM.  You may need to lower the value in the first two cells.  I suggest setting as per my example below for both trig 1 and trig 2.
  2. The trigger 2 edge was wrong in early firmware versions and was fixed in newer versions, this may change your offset, so you need to check your base timing again.

zxvZ6gZ.png

Thanks for your fast response as always.

Here it's almost 1am, so I ll try those first in the morning and I ll get back, also I ll let you k ow how I ve set the vvti to try it before

Thanks again, I ll get back in 8 hours:)

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

The map you attached is from an old firmware, not the current firmware.  So if this map came from the ecu as it is now then it is still running old firmware.  But it does show a lot of trigger errors so I suspect this is your problem.

zxvZ6gZ.png

All went well..arming thres corrected.. base timing was almost in exactly the opposite position:)

Idle speed was strange to set, but corrected too when set the active state as low.

Now as for the vvti was set as Cam sensor input with Trigger 2 and Aux2 as pwm output. Seems to be working ok! 

Really thanks for your help

1 hour ago, Paschalis said:

Now as for the vvti was set as Cam sensor input with Trigger 2 and Aux2 as pwm output. Seems to be working ok! 

No that is wrong, these engines donot have what we call VVT (variable valve timing), they are only a switched on/off, two state cam timing.  You do not set it up as VVT.  

Usually the 20V likes it if you switch it on just above idle then off again about 7500.  Set it up like this:

OmLXyQm.png

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

No that is wrong, these engines donot have what we call VVT (variable valve timing), they are only a switched on/off, two state cam timing.  You do not set it up as VVT.  

Usually the 20V likes it if you switch it on just above idle then off again about 7500.  Set it up like this:

OmLXyQm.png

Once again correct...worked nice!! Thanks a lot...once again!!