idle problem and vvti settings advice

muzzytt

Hi all

I have got a supra with the v88

Ive had it tuned by reputable tuner. let me say this the tune was nearly finished when the clutch cried enough. car is running flex fuel setup.

initially I was getting errors due to sub and main inputs on the Toyota not being linear. so the tuner could not really tune the idle. after another user pointed out the fact that the 2jzgte e throttle foot position sensor does not read past 80% so we wired the main input to both the main and sub input of the vipec. so it sees what ever the main tps is seeing in both inputs . that issue solved .

until we get the clutch in ive got the car back and have been driving it around on low boost 7psi however had issues with the idle especially when starting first thing in the morning I would drive off cruising then would notice idle stuck about 2000 rpm and would stay there. if I switched engine off and switched it back on it would idle back at normal idle .

I think I have sorted this issue out but not entirely sure.

the other issue is now It seems ok but every few seconds the idle would drop then come back up again.

after looking through this forum Ive come across some vvti tables and they look way different to what mine is tuned at. if someone could look at this that would be appreciated.

I have attached my pcl as it came from my tuner and also a new one with what I modified on it mainly with idle maps e-throttle calibration etc.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1351&p=8300&hilit=.pcl#p8300

this is the thread with the vvti tables that look way different to mine. my question is when the car goes back to my tuner should I mention this ?

cheers

Muz

yavuz.pcl

new idle maps.pcl

Hi

Having a look at you idle base position on the new idle maps.pcl there is a bit of a step between 0 and 10 deg, and also at the 100deg mark.

I would suggest that the 0 deg figure needs to be lifted up to around 7.4.

You also have a idle lockout of 150 RPM, this will lock the idle control out if the RPM is above target by more than 150rpm when all other conditions are met.

Looking at the VVT map I do think there is room for improvements its is a very simplified map. If you want a sample to look at have a look at the WRX V7-9maps in the VTS base maps folder.