g4 storm firmware update to 4.7.1

Brett West

OK updated the firmware. All sort of stuff started happening. When i try to load in to the ecu my setups immidiatly after it gives an error. 'The ecu has been reset, probably due a short term power cut or a temporary low supply voltage. Ecu memory has been reloaded. CAUTION: previous changes that were not stored may have been reset.' Why does it do that? Help!!!!!

Downgraded the firm to old 6.0 Didnt´t help. And the car still won´t start. When i upgraded the firmware my cars cooling fan went on. It wasen´t on when the old firm was in. Now it constantly gives a error code 43 an temp 1 above high error value. Won´t help if i change the fault setting to 5 v.

decided to upgrade the firmware after recharging battery. Made all the settings and tables same as before in older firmware. Cooling fan is running constantly, car won´t start. Igniton test works on both channels (wasted spark), injector test works. Firmware loads in whit out errors. Car 'shoots' from exhaust after crancking is stopped.

Can´t load the map to g4. When i try loading it gives this error again 'The ecu has been reset, probably due a short term power cut or a temporary low supply voltage. Ecu memory has been reloaded. CAUTION: previous changes that were not stored may have been reset.' and now it gave an error on wideband too. Fault code 19 An4 volt above 5.v

Ok cool .

I would say all is functioning as it should.

The ECU goes through a reset after a map is loaded and stored. This is what is causing the error about the reset to come up. Under this situation it can be ignored.

The LC1 will be putting out 5 volts when the motor is not running this will be bring on the AN volt error.

You can set the error high value to 5V or reprogram the LC1 to not span right through to 5V

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...