link G4+ plug in

Leonv33

Hello everyone,

Regarding the G4+ plug in board (r33 gtr) and the extension loom.

It has 2 temp inputs but only 1 An input but there is provision for one more @#8 pin. (says not used at this time)

The plug in board is an extreme board if i am not wrong so there should be 4 altogether.

AT1 and AT2A are dedicated IAT and ECT   I will use the spare for fuel temp to enhance VE tuning but really would like another for Lub temp as I will use my old dashpro4 on the can.

Anyway i can get the spare one activated ?

Any help welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks Simon

Forgot to mention,  I have a Dash4 pro which I want to run on a CAN bus which should be the same set up as the Dash2pro I think and I also want to run a Econtrons ALM on the same Bus.

The help file mentions there is a CAN setup for this wide band but when I go to set it up it is not listed.

The dash4 runs at 1mbit/sec and I can change the Ecotrons ALM from 250kbits/sec to 1mbit/sec as they both must be at the same speed.  Thats right isn't it?

Will this still come through Lambda 1?

Appreciate your help!

Cheers

Hi Michael,

I'm uncertain whether the Dash4Pro uses the same CAN setup as the Dash2Pro. If it does it should be straight forward to get the data from the ECU to the dash.

The latest PCLink install 5.2.2 includes a file in the CAN sub-directory for the Ecotrons ALM. In the Help file under G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > CAN > Device Specific CAN Information you can find some instructions on setting up the Ecotrons ALM.

Yes, you will need to make it so the Dash4Pro and the Econtrons ALM use the same bit rate.

The Data from the Ecotrons ALM will come through to the ECU as Lambda 1. Make sure you don't have an AN Volt channel also allocated to Lambda 1.

Scott

Thanks for that Scott.

Please excuse all the questions.

1/ The G4+ has Can1 and Can2  Is it possible to run the ALM on CAN 1 and the Dash4 on CAN2? at different bit rates.

The communication harness has 6 pins   #3 CAN H  & #4 CAN L and #5 ECU RS232  TX & #6ECU RS232 RX

Can you tell which is H and L on the RS232 com please(  is TX = H  and RX = L ?)

I attached the PCLink help file info

2/  The G4+ plug in for Nissan Skyline gtr says the onboard MAP sensor is rated to 2.5 bar absolute while the brochure says the onboard MAP is 4 bar.

I am running max 1.7 bar and have an existing Delco 300Kpa MAP sensor ( cannot see a cal for this)

Really appreciate all your help and find this forum very useful.

Cheers 

G4+ will be 4 bar onboard.

The 3bar map sensor options scaling should match the Delco sensor.

For the CAN 2 there is a second connector along side the orgional CAN connector.

This is only on bottom board revision 1.3 The CAN H and L locations are the same as for CAN1