Blocked ECU after firmware upgrade

GP

Hi,

we installed the Subaru v1-2 Link G4+ today, I unlocked the ECU, ( Serial no. 19965 ) the communication was fine.

Then we decide to Upgrade the Firmware to start on the last Firmware with the tune, but the the Upgrade fails, so what should we do now.

Impossible to Upload the Firmware or connect online,

We receive always the Message, ECU is running in Boot Mode an cannot connect. Please run the Firmware update again.

by trying to update the Firmware the message attached appears

Link G4+ Firmware Probl.png

I had same message and success, after I disconnected the battery and tried the update again. Get sure that your battery is above 12,5V, I recommend to connect a battery charger. 

On som cars turn off the ignition after the update isn't enough, you have to dis- and reconnect battery to reboot the ECU.

I disconnected the ECU and installed them on a test bench with 13V power supply. the problem si still the same,  if i try to go online this is the message.  ECU is running in Boot Mode an cannot connect.

if i try to upgrade the Firmware,  the green bar starts, but after 2 sec. thy stop an shows me the error message.  

Link Error.jpg

What you need to do is very simple. Touch the battery positive and negative together with ECU connected for 30 Seconds. Then place a battery tender on the car. Open the software and start the firmware update immediately. This should work. Then load a new base map. Do not use the old base map/ saved file. I have seen a few corrupted for some reason or another. I have also seen loose connections at the ECU for the USB cable and the USB at the computer. Try a different com port.

Edited by Rich RDE

problem is still the same, i can read the ECU Details ( Serial number, Firmware version .... ) if i start to upgrade the Firmware, the green bar starts, after 1 sec. the error message appears.  it seams to be a problem that the first Firmware Upgrade failed, an now the ECU is always in boot mode.

Try to reinstall the latest version of software and do the firmware update again. Make sure you com settings are correct. If this problem persist after a couple tries after reinstalling the latest software and drivers again. I would say it's safe to send this Unit in with a tech support ticket you can open up and the guys will get you up and running in no time.

Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across the same issue last night.

Ran the firmware update, it completed however the ECU would keep starting in boot loader mode.  It would detect and update however wouldn't boot main code.

I installed PCLink on another laptop and it worked fine.