g4 in midget, having ignition problems

stefan1989

hi there. im trying to setup my speedway midget with a new linkg4 atom, I am currently running a 2l Toyota 3sge, mechanical injection running on methanol, I have converted it from c.a.s to crank sensor. im using a MSD 8240 2channel ignition coil. im having trouble when I go through the process of testing ignition system that I can only fire on cylinder 1-4. 2-3 are dead when I go through the tests. any help would be great as im a learner needing a point in the correct direction.

I can upload more photos if need be but heres a general overview.

cheers stefan

20160913_090818.jpg

20160913_090831_001.jpg

Hi,

There are a couple of ways to go about tracking down the problem. The first is to use an oscilloscope and check the signal is coming out of the ECU, and then out of the ignitor. The second way is to swap the ignition 1 and 2 pins at the ECU connector and see the result. You could also try swapping the outputs from the ignitor. This is only for testing components and connections, not how you would leave it permanently.

Scott. 

Wiring pinout is as looking in to the plug from the wire side.

Looking at what you have there the Cranks sensor wiring looks wrong as this should be wired to Trig 1, Ground and maybe 12V depending on the sensor type.