G4+ storm OBD2 output

Hagandaaz

Hi all just need a bit of advice and guidance please.

I have recently purchased the Link G4+ storm for my '95 Celica GT4 ST205 on the advice of some members and admin. I am going to be buying a new android head unit for the car so I can get some apps to view gauges e.g.Torque. Now seeing as the car only has OBD1 capabilities and having read that you can configure the CAN BUS to have an OBD2 output I was thinking what would would;

1) be a good android head unit e.g. Pumpkin head unit as they use Bluetooth and wifi and relatively cheap.

2) what would be the best OBD2 reader/transmitter (Bluetooth or wifi) with any examples for most accurate real time data streaming

3) be the best app to show me some gauges e.g. Boost, intake temp, oil temp, AFR, knock, coolant temp etc.

4) the best cables to use to convert the CAN BUS to OBD2 and how to go about it.

Just a quick mention the ecu is located behind the centre console on the floor so would only be about 30cm from head unit max incase i need to wire in any resistors or not as I don't think I would need a long cable as OBD2 reader/transmitter would be right there to connect to the head unit.

Thank you in advance

1) and 3) I don't have a lot of advice for which head unit or app to use. I have used the Torque app before, but not for much time.

2) We have good success using the PLX Devices 'Kiwi' OBD2 to blue-tooth devices.

4) For the CAN H and CAN L wires you will want to use normal automotive cable (doesn't need to be heavy duty). Twist the cables in a braid with 25 to 30 mm between twists. This following PCLink help pages will be useful.

Scott.

ECU to OBD-II wiring.pdf

CAN bus wiring.pdf