E-throttle and WRXLink (7-9)

Alex Deyth

Hello, it is possible to upgrade from Drive by cable thottle to drive by wire throttle on a Link G4+ Plugin WRXLink (7-9) Ecu ?

It seems i cannot assign aux 9- to E-throttle (+) or (-)

Aux 10 is not listed at all

Need to use aux 1-4 for EThrottle Signal 1 and aux 5-9 for Ethrottle Signal 2 ??

Sorry for bad english

Thanks

Alex

5 hours ago, Alex Deyth said:

After reading in more detail the help of PCLink G4+

Correct me if wrong :
Motor (+) - EThrottle Signal 2 - Aux Output 4

Motor (-) - EThrottle  Signal 1 - Aux Output 9

or inverted according to polarity of throttle motor

Correct - I know it is confusing.  Note you also need to have a spare aux output assigned to "E-throttle relay" (the aux doesnt actually need to be connected to anything - just needs to be assigned in the software).

The info in help files is located in :
G4+ ECU Tuning Functions / Electronic Throttle Control.
After that is a little mess.
I have found the "solution" for me in the Help Browser window in the configuration table of PCLink.

Selecting a auxilliary output, PClink throw a list of possible output.

For me the ver7-9 unit is capable of controlling EThrottle, because in help file, there is a 2 differents versions 7-9 units :

WRXLink (7-9)
WRXLink (7-9) With EThrottle

The pinouts for expansions connector are not the same and my unit pinout matches the EThrottle version.
So I guess my version is capable of Ethrottle control

7 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

Where is this info in the help file?

Also when did support for ethrottle get added to the ver7-9 units?  Is there a break point in ecu serial number?

Hi Brad, E-throttle support was added about a year ago.  Bottom board PCB revision number V1.5 and above (we are up to V1.8 now) have E-throttle pins available on the Expansion connectors.

I cant give you a serial number when the change occurred but a quick way to tell is look at the Exp connector and if Aux 9 & 10 are present you have an E-throttle capable ecu.  

ELqWMsr.jpg

6 hours ago, Alex Deyth said:

The info in help files is located in :
G4+ ECU Tuning Functions / Electronic Throttle Control.
After that is a little mess.
I have found the "solution" for me in the Help Browser window in the configuration table of PCLink.

Selecting a auxilliary output, PClink throw a list of possible output.

This note under E-throttle Aux set-up should have made it reasonably clear:

jrTXbYv.png

The main thing that is very confusing to new users is that in the software you have Aux 4 and Aux 9 assigned, yet on the Exp connector you have Aux 9 and Aux 10 to connect to your motor.  This confusion is well "hidden" in our wirein ECUs but cannot be in the plugins without messing up other functions so we just have to learn to live with the confusing labelling.  Basically Aux 4 and 9 share some electronic resources so they are mutually exclusive.  Aux 4 in the software controls the Aux 9 pin on the Exp connector.  Aux 9 in the software controls Aux 10 pin on the exp connector.  Clear as mud...