Trigger Offset locked out - Dist mode maybe?

Chris77

Hello

Second question . Atom ecu running chev v8 with a holley dual sensor distributor . The distributor has two hall effect sensors in it , one an 8 tooth crank and a single tooth cam (as you guys sorted me out in my first question ) . I have wired up the two sensors as in the future my mate may want to go with wasted spark . 8 tooth to trigger one and trig 1 is set as priority . As it is using the distributor I set the ignition mode to distributor .

When I go to set the trigger offset , it and the reference timing seem to be locked out . Is this because I have selected distributor mode and in theory I need to set the distributor trigger to the reference timing ? If not why is this locked out ? The popup window comes up and I can enter a value for reference timing and trigger offset but they do not stay in the settings when I close the window .

The issue is the holley distributor is expected to be set to trigger at 50 BTDC , and the sensor is locked to the rotor cap . So I can't just rotate the distributor to get TDC or close to it as the rotor will then be out of sync with the cap .

Thanks

Chris

If your trigger mode is currently set to "1 tooth per TDC", then offset will not be adjustable.  You can instead change to multi-tooth mode and set trig 1 with a tooth count of 8 and multi-tooth position of cam then you will be able to adjust the trigger offset.

Trigger setup is set to Multitooth , priority  trig one and rpm 1-default . Trigger one set to optical/hall , was set to crank , and 8 tooth count . Changing this to Cam in PC link not connected to the ecu still does not enable trigger offset for me .

I am not sure how/if I need to disable trigger two , the single "cam" trigger and in effect its not used at this stage . I was hoping having it there would not be an issue , I expect its not when its set up correctly . I will go and read some more and see if I can work out what I have done . 

Thanks

Chris