CAN info needed

Captain Proton

I have a Bank Engineering Dash 2 1/16 gauge that I'm using the Link cable (I purchased it and already wired it so using the Link harness pins is not an option) to read info from my Link Fury real time (IAT, fuel pressure, LAMBDA, Oil Temp etc...).  I found that the gauge requires the ECU to be terminated (measuring 120 ohms between CAN HI and CAN Lo) so it can just be wired in. They are making a plug and play termination cable for this but unfortunately it is not yet available since this is a beta kit for aftermarket ECU's.  So, do I need to wire in a resistor (I'm not sure how to do this or where to get the resistor if necessary) or can I wire it in?

ECU has an internal termination resistor so will not need one fitted at the ECU end. If dash has an internal termination too then no resistors will need to be added. 

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

ECU has an internal termination resistor so will not need one fitted at the ECU end. If dash has an internal termination too then no resistors will need to be added. 

So, there is 120 ohms between CAN HI and CAN Lo, correct?  If so, the directions on the IDash say it will work.  Quote: (The iDash 1.8’s CAN bus is not terminated. If your ECU is already terminated (measures 120 ohms between CAN HI and CAN Lo) you can just wire in the iDash 1.8. If there is no resistance between CAN HI and CAN Lo you will need add in a 120 ohm resistor.)