Cortana

Tim D

Has anyone experienced problems with data logging freezing/stuttering?

Picture below showing what I mean (no activity either side of cursor).

In my case, switching off cortana fixed the problem...  (who wants cortana anyway?)

image.thumb.png.5cd00f9bf3a2fdf41a2b577a2b4e5890.png

Yes, the car was completely normal during this. 

Cortana comes with Windows 10.

A quote from google...

One of the standout new features found in Windows 10 is the addition of Cortana. For those unfamiliar, Cortana is a voice-activated personal assistant. Think of it as Siri, but for Windows. You can use it to get weather forecasts, set reminders, tell you jokes, send email, find files, search the Internet and so on.

I haven't switched cortana back on to verify that the problem returns, guess I should for completeness... 

What you have there is usually caused by an interruption to USB comms.  I dont know how deeply woven Cortana is but it is possible it could poll usb ports or something similar looking for compatible devices.  It's the first time I heard of it but I've never had Cortana enabled on any of my PC's.   It may also be something else completely unrelated such as USB power settings or ignition noise etc, so only time will tell.