LINK G4+

Fotis

Hi everyone trying to figure out the triggers on a TOYOTA 4EFE to run Link ecu. 
No crank sensor. Only Cam sensor which has 4 teeth and 1 teeth a bit outside of the shaft here is a picture to understand.

So with my understanding i will connect them  and set the as

Trigger 1: Reluctor-multi tooth -4teeth 

Trigger 2: Same with 1 teeth

Is this correct? And how will the engine sync since there isn't a crank sensor,or am i wrong ?

Should i just add an aftermarket crank trigger wheel and save me from all that trouble?

52935390_295524087785480_7303992040361033728_n.jpg

I beleive that this is correct - just like a sr20DE i setup recently both trig 1 and trig 2 are driven off the CAS that is located inside the distributor cap and no crank trigger is needed. Ive just had a quick google on trigger setup for this engine and there seems to be alot of info on Megasquirt formums regarding trigger wiring etc. You can most likely get your answers off that. 

You have it mostly right.  4 tooth sensor goes to trig 1, single tooth sensor goes to trig 2.  Both are reluctors.  Set trigger mode to "1 tooth per TDC"  Set trig 2 sync mode to "cam pulse 1X" and sync position according to where the single tooth is located.

• 1 month later...

Hi i have set all the parameters. I have problem with the wiring of the triggers and my ignition drive. I have managed to get the trigger 1 signal but i dont know which wire should i get for trigger 2 any ideas? 

4tooth dizzy.

Thanks 

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, Fotis said:

Hi i have set all the parameters. I have problem with the wiring of the triggers and my ignition drive. I have managed to get the trigger 1 signal but i dont know which wire should i get for trigger 2 any ideas? 

4tooth dizzy.

Thanks 

HI, 

Have you managed to find a solution?