Digital switch wiring

kenola_oil

Hi guys, just want to make sure Ive got this right as Im a little unsure. I want to re purpose an AC and Economy switch to become digital inputs to my ECU. I have attached the diagram that I quickly drew up, Just wondering if that seems right, the little circle things are the lights that light up when the switch is pressed in. Would I also be correct in thinking that this will be called a drive high switch to ECU? Im not entirely sure as I havent really found a lot of examples of different digital switches and the link examples are quite vague. Is it ok to wire a digital switch with a load to the DI inputs? They are only tiny little bulbs. 

61482402_342188406500122_253698023048085504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl1-2.fna&oh=98634bd9f8a3f59a70930f911d3eb177&oe=5D8FEA69

I dont think there will be enough current flowing into the DI to power many incandescent lamps.  Only about half a mA so you will get a dim glow out of a standard small LED.

Can you also mention what ECU you have as some DI's on some of the plug-ins have special circuits added to interface with specific features in the original set up so they are not always "repurposable"

39 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I dont think there will be enough current flowing into the DI to power many incandescent lamps.  Only about half a mA so you will get a dim glow out of a standard small LED.

Can you also mention what ECU you have as some DI's on some of the plug-ins have special circuits added to interface with specific features in the original set up so they are not always "repurposable"

I am using a link storm ECU, is there any way to get around this? Could i Just earth the circuit and split the earth to the DI? 

Will this suffice? There is the switch in question, but that diagram shows how i would modify it to work by adding and removing some connections.

I see in your diagram the DI is between the bulb and the switch to ground, I would do the same but dont think i can reliably solder to that point (where the wires are currently connected are tabs to hold the solder and wire in place).

So will the DI after the switch be the same? Sorry I could have drawn the diagram to look simpler but am just keeping the physical layout to help myself visualise it! 

61298579_423618801825602_1886948337664393216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl1-2.fna&oh=7be6254f7530899d1c8c467097229e19&oe=5D954DA3