Kawasaki ZZR1400 link install

7ishnz

Not solved... I'm wondering if low battery voltage could be the issue... I have attached 2 logs... one with the plugs out ( sparkplugs firing) and one start attempt.  When the plugs are in I get plenty of trigger errors... none when they are out. 

Can you offer any suggestions? 

Log 2020-04-26 plugs out.llg Log 2020-04-28 plugs in.llg

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using a car battery to start this motor... still seeing many trigger errors when the plugs are in, none when they are out.

Are the trigger errors because the cranking rpm is not constant ( slowing on compression strokes) or do you think they are from some other issue?

Can you get us a scope capture of cam and crank when cranking with the spark plugs in.  Preferably, with the time base set so we can see a whole 2 crank revolutions.  

My inkling is it is having trouble detecting the missing tooth gap due to the crank suddenly speeding up somewhere around the gap.  If you get me a scope I will pass it on to engineering to get their thoughts.

I'll attack it tomorrow, if I'd known I'd have this much trouble, I would have bought the model with the trigger scope.....

Thanks, for the help. The link is replacing a power commander with ignition module and auto tune unit plus separate boost controller. I thought it would be easy.

Attached some scope shots.  Problem becoming apparent, first one shows crank with plugs out, second one plugs in on bike battery, third one show crank with car battery.

Any ideas how to make this work?

crank25.jpg

crankplugs.jpg

crankplug2bat.jpg

Hi Greg,  thanks for the suggestion.

in that capture, the fuel was off, so I don't think adjusting the timing would have much effect.   I guess the kawasaki starter motor is not up to the task, a set of 9:1 pistons might help!

I have  been getting excellent support from Link, hopefully a solution will be found shortly.

Problem solved by upgrading to the new G4X ecu.  It uses some different software to analyse the trigger signals.:)

Thanks very much to Adam, Mike  and the guys at Link  for the great support.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Spec dyno in ChCh.... ecu working well, on 98 octane saw 292rwhp at 9610rpm on 6lbs boost.   

Sadly the stock clutch waved the white flag when E85 was added....

Thanks to the guys at Link for great support.