1uz cop conversion

shrug

Hey all just double checking before I wire it like other v8’s I’ve done as I’ve never done a 1uz but I’m assuming on a monsoon only having 4 ignition drives to be wired as so. 

Drive 1 coils 1&6

Drive 2 coils 8&5

Drive 3 coils 4&7

Drive 4 coils 3&2

then just set the firing order accordingly? 

Yes, that is the pairing we use on 1uz engines. We use the following injector pairings (I think Adam may have suggested a different injector pairing :-

Firing order: 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2        
Wasted Spark Ignitier Config: IGN 1 IGN 2 IGN 3 IGN 4
      1 & 6 8 & 5 4 & 7 3 & 2

Banked Injection Config:   INJ 1 INJ 2 INJ 3 INJ 4
      1 & 7 2 & 8 3 & 5 4 & 6

HTH,

Richard.

Thank you I thought so just thought it was better to double check than assume. 

Car is already wired and running just being converted to cop since it’s supercharged and has endless issues with the dizzy setup. 

Injectors are paired as so. 

F80941B0-28BC-456F-816B-A8ADFB457E91.jpeg

With Richards suggested injector pairing you would set inj mode to sequential and you would have semi-sequential injection - which would possibly give slightly better idle and transient response.

With your current pairing the inj mode should be set to multipoint group with 1/2 eng cycle injection rate provided the injectors arent bigger than about 800cc.  If they are bigger than that then set inj rate to 1 eng cycle instead.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

With Richards suggested injector pairing you would set inj mode to sequential and you would have semi-sequential injection - which would possibly give slightly better idle and transient response.

With your current pairing the inj mode should be set to multipoint group with 1/2 eng cycle injection rate provided the injectors arent bigger than about 800cc.  If they are bigger than that then set inj rate to 1 eng cycle instead.

As far as I’m aware the are 3sge beams injectors so unsure on exact size, if they don’t flow enough I’ll put some subaru 565’s in it. 

Thanks for your help to you both, that saves having to rewire how the injectors have been done, just trouble shooting what exactly had been done on the car since it was wired 3 years ago and only just got to the stage of running / tuning. 

It’s a track car so idle might not be such a issue, if it does present too many I’ll re-wire the injectors to how Richard suggested as I was kinda questioning how they had been paired.