Oil pressure sensor question

RPS13180SX

Hi there, I brought a link g4 plugin for my rps13 sr20det street car, and wish to install a 150psi honeywell oil pressure sensor as extra insurance to protect my motor, will this replace the factory oil pressure sensor in my block? Or do I need to run both?

I have a custom oil block adapter fitted to my engine which does not have any ports to fit the factory sensor, the attached photo shows my aftermarket sandwich block with the factory sensor, there is little room for extra sensor to fit in the other port that's blocked

Thanks in advance!

20200106_112053.jpg

Then one option is to swap that switch for a proper pressure sensor.  You can then connect a spare aux output to the old oil press switch wire and use the ecu to switch your oil press light on when the oil press is low.  

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, 180sxdeano said:

what did you end up doing?

I'm trying to get mine ready, I got a pressure sensor was just going to remove the factory one, (its just a switch) and install the 150 psi sensor in that hole, with the oil temp down in the spare port of the Greddy sump. 

Hi Deano,
I did exactly what Adam mentioned above, the factory sensor controls the light on the dash, and the aftermarket sensor which is controlled through the link is set at a minimum psi which when triggered depending on how long the pressure is wont let the engine rev high to damage it( limp mode)

If you remove it then your tuner will set the up the new sensor to replace it, not to sure if the tuner can program it to do both, but since my engine was sitting for a while and it had a new turbo, we disabled the cas and turned it over to build oil pressure/until the dash light went out

cheers

20210101_205841.thumb.jpg.9131d0712d148b53873cbfe89640b932.jpg

On 1/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, RPS13180SX said:

Hi Deano,
I did exactly what Adam mentioned above, the factory sensor controls the light on the dash, and the aftermarket sensor which is controlled through the link is set at a minimum psi which when triggered depending on how long the pressure is wont let the engine rev high to damage it( limp mode)

If you remove it then your tuner will set the up the new sensor to replace it, not to sure if the tuner can program it to do both, but since my engine was sitting for a while and it had a new turbo, we disabled the cas and turned it over to build oil pressure/until the dash light went out

cheers

20210101_205841.thumb.jpg.9131d0712d148b53873cbfe89640b932.jpg

yeah cool, I found a T piece joiner 1/8npt. I have the taarks oil block and it has a spare thread on the side, yet faces the starter motor so Ill use this T to offset it next to the oil press switch for the light