W210 mercedes E55 ecu select

bin sulayiam

Hello to all ,

I installed supercharger in to m113 engine (na) . Mercedes 98 model amg

My target is G4 extreme . Would this ecu work at my engine ?

Firing oreder 15426378

Crank is 60-2 no variable cam .

V8 cylinder with 8 coils +16 spark plugs so each coil has 2 plug .

Auto transmission.

Ethrotle (Dbw ) .

I can install it parallel with the orignal ecu and only control fuel + ignition by the standalone ecu .

Please i need confirmation or help choosing suitable ecu .

Thank you

The Xtreme will certainly run the engine fine but be aware parallel installs in an auto DBW car are usually fairly challenging and usually end with many compromises.  I have been asked to fix other tuners attempts at it in the past.  I generally try to steer people away from the idea when asked.

You have to do lots of research first to confirm how the factory system works, but usually you have to leave the factory ECU in control of the DBW to keep the gear shift torque reduction working and factory ECU out of limp mode, but the problem with that is DBW ecu's usually control the idle using a combination of ignition timing and DBW.  So when you move the ignition control to a different ecu it is difficult to get the two now separate idle control systems to play well together.  The car will often stall when you put it in gear etc, or the idle ignition control will start fighting against the DBW idle control.

So its not impossible, but you will need a very good, patient experienced tuner and potentially lots of time/money...

if i will keep the factory engine ecu is it possible to share crank and cam sensors signals with especially the   crank is a 2 wire sensor ? 

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

The Xtreme will certainly run the engine fine but be aware parallel installs in an auto DBW car are usually fairly challenging and usually end with many compromises.  I have been asked to fix other tuners attempts at it in the past.  I generally try to steer people away from the idea when asked.

You have to do lots of research first to confirm how the factory system works, but usually you have to leave the factory ECU in control of the DBW to keep the gear shift torque reduction working and factory ECU out of limp mode, but the problem with that is DBW ecu's usually control the idle using a combination of ignition timing and DBW.  So when you move the ignition control to a different ecu it is difficult to get the two now separate idle control systems to play well together.  The car will often stall when you put it in gear etc, or the idle ignition control will start fighting against the DBW idle control.

So its not impossible, but you will need a very good, patient experienced tuner and potentially lots of time/money...

Thank you Adamw for the good clarification .

that's something i  Really missed !