Link G4+ TT link CAN Lambda installation issues

Oneireacing

Hi all, 

I recently acquired an older Link G4+ TT Link (s/n 24393, one of the red coloured units) and a brand new link CAN Lambda unit. I cannot find the device on either CAN bus with any configuration. 

I've triple checked the wiring and pin configuration, length of cable, twisted wires but no luck. 

I recently tried swapping the CAN buses and on Bus 2 (I assume bus 2, closest to the Map input) the laptop cannot connect to the ECU either. 

Is that a valid check of the CAN port? Any other checks I can do? 

Appreciate any assistance. 

Make sure the ecu firmware is at least 5.6.4. 

The port furthermost from the MAP port (should have a red oring around it) is the USB tuning port, not CAN.  The port closest to the MAP should be CAN 1.

Attach your tune and I will make sure you have it set up right.

Thanks for the reply, ECU is running the latest firmware. 

I had a feeling that would be the case with the ports, but not sure if there's any other way to check the CAN port is operating correctly?

ECU is currently reset to the factory with the tt base tune applied.

All I'm trying to do is get the wideband lambda functional before it goes to the tuner for a proper tune. If there's more to it than the install guide, then I'll step away and leave it to the professionals. 

Thanks, 

Greg

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Attach your tune and I will make sure you have it set up right.

Can you please attach your tune that was saved when you had the CAN lambda set up on CAN 1 and the CAN lambda plugged in to the CAN 1 port.

You have transmit and acknowledge errors on CAN1, this normally means there is no power at the CAN lambda or there is a problem with the CAN wiring.  

To confirm there is power at the device, when the car is cold you can just turn the ignition on for for a few minutes and feel the outside of the sensor with your hand, it should be noticeably warmer than the other metal parts around it. 

Maybe you could attach a couple of pics of the CAN wiring too.  One with the cover off the back of the CANF plug and maybe one at the Lambda end.

qfsoveZ.png