Pre-crank prime options with multiple fuel pumps.

remski2

Hi.

I have 2 fuel pumps.  First is In tank and second in surge tank.

I wanted to improve my "start/crank times" by enabling Pre-crank prime. (in tank takes 2-3 sec to air out and pump the surge tank, then the surge tank pump takes about 2 sec as well, both manually controled.)

Original idea was to configure Virtual Aux to trigger  "Ign Start Position" based on Fuel pressure input. 

I played with configs for few days but no luck.. Seems to me you can only trigger a physical Aux via a Virtual Aux ?

My second option was to use Pre-crank Prime 3D table. Use "Key on". 

I've set it up but since I believe that its on right away when the ECU gets its power.. thus reading the Fuel pressure as 0 and not injecting.

Btw.. I cant upload any more screenshots.. 

It says "You are only allowed to upload 10.24kB."

Key-on option is not going to work if you have no fuel pressure.

Your best solution would be to wire a signal from the starter solenoid to a DI so you can use the "Start position" option.  

Otherwise you can try increasing the crank enrichment instead.  The "First crank enrich" happens as soon as the ecu sees the engine start to turn, remains active for one crank revolution, and is a multiplier on top of the crank enrich table so it should give you scope to get a fair bit more fuel in there.  Also make sure the cells in the main fuel table that are in action during cranking are realistic as all enrichments are based on these.