Motorsport Feautures

Kanjo`

Hello everyone ,

I have a Honda OBD 1 PNP ECU and want to enable the Gear shift and Traction Control Feautures . I have a rotary switch for the launch control set up and I was thinking of using the same for the traction control but I have the options of 2 only maps and the use of a DI / AUX  / AUX Fuel / AUX Ign options . I was thinking of using AUX Fuel#5 (AUX INj #5) and setting it up as a GP output . Does that seem correct ? Also there a way to have 3 setting instead of 2 ?Lastly the activation switch has to be wired seperately ? Like how will my rotary switch give the signal for on/off , since it has 1 input and I just connect +5V and Ground ?

Also for the Gear Shift I was thinking of using the Brake switch (wire it to DI 2) so when I hit the brakes I can downshift but I am not so sure what to do with the upshift . I am not sure as well as what function to set them up either .

TIA

18 hours ago, Kanjo` said:

I have a rotary switch for the launch control set up and I was thinking of using the same for the traction control but I have the options of 2 only maps and the use of a DI / AUX  / AUX Fuel / AUX Ign options . I was thinking of using AUX Fuel#5 (AUX INj #5) and setting it up as a GP output . Does that seem correct ?

If you want to completely change tables then use a virtual aux.  

Also there a way to have 3 setting instead of 2 ?

Set the table to 3D and put the rotary switch on one of the table axes.  For instance:

c6gVdoS.png

Lastly the activation switch has to be wired seperately ? Like how will my rotary switch give the signal for on/off , since it has 1 input and I just connect +5V and Ground ?

Unfortunately yes, it is designed to have a switch. 

Also for the Gear Shift I was thinking of using the Brake switch (wire it to DI 2) so when I hit the brakes I can downshift but I am not so sure what to do with the upshift . I am not sure as well as what function to set them up either .

Downshift will require either E-throttle or a blip solenoid.  You might be better to connect that input to a clutch switch and use it for flat shift.

Thank you Adam .

So make a Virtual Aux as GP Output and set the according conditions ? Do I need to wire anything to it as the schematics do not show a pin out (nnob question) ?

Also I have only used all the An volt even from the expansion harness as I have Fuel Pressure an volt 4 , oil pressure an volt 5 and an volt 6 is my rotary switch for the launch control . Could it be possible the connect the an volt 6 to 2 rotary switches with different resistances or will there be a confusion (which I believe it will happen) ?

Lastly , since the car is FWD should I use only the front wheels as inputs or 1 driven and 1 undriven wheel as inputs ? I have the oem abs system on the vehicle so I assume I have to connect the power from 1 abs sensor to the appropriate input , correct ?