Help with Aem to read on link g4x

Subiwgn96

I have a link g4x for v1-2 subaru and I’m having an issue on getting the lambada 1 to actually read from the aem gauge/ sensor. I’m sure it has something to do with the calibration tables. I’m selecting cal 4 but don’t understand how to set a min/max output and what the values should be. I have it wired the white wire to volt 5off the gauge harness, so it should be connected right just having a hard time to get it to actually read on the ecu for lambda 1

In the lambda 1 settings you set the control to whichever analog input you have the wideband connected to.  Set the calibration to linear cal 1,2 or 3.  Then in the Linear cal set up the calibration values from the manufacturers datasheet.  The numbers in the cal below are what most of the older AEM's use but you need to confirm yourself as there are a few different ones.

wWfIgDk.png

I read the calibration tables in the manual and they are slightly different. I ran the gauge with my expansion loom to analog volt 5 and set up linear cal 1 as you explained and I’m having the same result, it just stays pegged out on the link software

FCB70E1B-F95B-4CF9-BA48-5C32C633821C.jpeg

40037F9D-AD7F-4873-B6DE-95BA7657D8DA.jpeg

On 5/31/2020 at 8:51 AM, Adamw said:

What does the runtime how as the voltage on AN Volt 5?

Need to know what the voltage of the analog input is showing, a copy of your basemap and short log might help with this

if the gauge is outputting 9V to the ECU then that gauge output isn't compatible (signal to ECU has to be with 0-5V). 9V into the analog will read as 5V and so will 1.365 Lambda meaning the calibration and analog input are working correctly but the signal you are feeding into the ECU is not correct.

Adam and I were both looking for the voltage value that can be found in the runtime menu (F12) Analog tab next to Analog 5 as that is the voltage that the ECU is reading and passing through the calibration.

capture.PNG

I didn’t realize that I could read it that way with the ecu I was using the multimeter I know in the instructions it says that wire is for the 5v output on the 30-4110 is that gauge compatable with the link software?  What would be my best option as far as a gauge goes? I’ll reconnect it to the ecu I unhooked it cause I was scared to leave it hooked up and outputting voltage to high for that plug on the ecu

If your gauge is outputting 9V on the white wire then either the gauge is faulty or your wiring is faulty.  It should only output either a 0-1V, 1-2V or 0-5V signal depending on the position of the dial switch on the back.  It should not be capable of outputting anymore than 5V.

I’m gonna hook it up tomorrow and see what it says on the computer but it is the 30-4110 gauge

On 6/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, Adamw said:

If your gauge is outputting 9V on the white wire then either the gauge is faulty or your wiring is faulty.  It should only output either a 0-1V, 1-2V or 0-5V signal depending on the position of the dial switch on the back.  It should not be capable of outputting anymore than 5V.

What should the dial switch be set at one the back of the gauge? I bought it off eBay advertised as new and it came sealed but who knows if it was actually messed with