Ford TFI to trigger atom x

d.p.n.s

Hi .I have an atom x and a ford 4.1 250 xflow.

I just want to make sure that the Ford TFI dizzy with hall effect is a good enough trigger for it.

I'm also running BA falcon coil on plug ( I know that both injection and spark will be batch fired).

Thanks for your time

You can get the TFI distributor with 4, 6 & 8 teeth - so provided you have the 6 tooth one it will work as a trigger.

The BA coils are dont have ignitors built in so you will need a separate external ignitor to run those - most likely two x 3 channel modules.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

You can get the TFI distributor with 4, 6 & 8 teeth - so provided you have the 6 tooth one it will work as a trigger.

The BA coils are dont have ignitors built in so you will need a separate external ignitor to run those - most likely two x 3 channel modules.  

That's awesome...cheers...

Would I get away with 1 x3 channel ignitor with batch fired coils?

8 hours ago, d.p.n.s said:

Would I get away with 1 x3 channel ignitor with batch fired coils?

No, a single channel is only capable of driving a single coil.  You could use a 3 channel ignitor if you had 3 "dual post" coils, but not 6 individual coils.

64IILrC.png

9 hours ago, d.p.n.s said:

Ahh I see so if I went with the other option of the falcon coil pack I could just use the 1x 3 channel ignitor?

Correct.

Another option to look at is VW 0986221015.  These are a 6 cyl wasted spark coil with ignitor built in, so no need for an external ignitor.  You can often get the whole coil for less than the cost of an ignitor.