Factory cluster and sensor wiring help

Fintank11

Hi guys

Ive got a 1997 Nissan micra k11 which i have a link g4x atom ecu got for it(34 pin plug), currently making my wiring loom and have a few questions i hope some of you can help with,

Q1. Im going to be using my factory cluster (rev counter model)  the only sensors i need on it are oil pressure, coolant temp, rev counter. How do i go about wiring from the ecu to the cluster ? do i just feed off the sensor wires going back to ecu?

Q2.Ive upgraded my 02 sensor to a 4 wire universal, where do these 4 wires go on the ecu?

Q3. The micra originally had a distributor but i am running a 36-1 trigger wheel and going yaris coil on plug conversion, the original rev counter was wired through the dizzy , will the ecu know the revs through the crank sensor and i can wire to rev counter through aux 3 ?

Q4. The yaris has 4 pin plugs , obviously the ign 1-4 go to one plug on each but where do the other 3 come from ?

Q5. My original oil pressure sensor is a 1 wire sensor and earthed through block , will i need to upgrade to a generic 3 pin sensor 

thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Fintank11 said:

Q1. Im going to be using my factory cluster (rev counter model)  the only sensors i need on it are oil pressure, coolant temp, rev counter. How do i go about wiring from the ecu to the cluster ? do i just feed off the sensor wires going back to ecu?

Coolant temp will need its own dedicated sensor for the dash.  Does it have an oil pressure gauge or is it just a lamp?  Rev counter answered in Q3.

Q2.Ive upgraded my 02 sensor to a 4 wire universal, where do these 4 wires go on the ecu?

That is still a narrowband and no use for tuning, I would suggest getting a wideband.  

Q3. The micra originally had a distributor but i am running a 36-1 trigger wheel and going yaris coil on plug conversion, the original rev counter was wired through the dizzy , will the ecu know the revs through the crank sensor and i can wire to rev counter through aux 3 ?

Possibly it will work with an aux connected direct to the tacho.  However many tachos that are connected direct to the coil or distributor are what is known as a "high level" type, they rely on a ~50V signal from the coil to trigger them.  I dont know if this car has a high level or low level tacho.  If it is high level you will need a "tacho booster" device connected between the ecu aux output and tacho.  something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TACH-TACHOMETER-SIGNAL-BOOSTER-3-16V-In-48-63V-Out-compare-to-MSD-8920-/142171581596

Q4. The yaris has 4 pin plugs , obviously the ign 1-4 go to one plug on each but where do the other 3 come from ?

You only need 3 wires.  Pin 4 = +12V (from and ign switched relay), Pin 1 = Ground (ground to head) and Pin 2 = signal from ecu (ign 1-4).  

kunQ3st.png

Q5. My original oil pressure sensor is a 1 wire sensor and earthed through block , will i need to upgrade to a generic 3 pin sensor 

That sounds more like an oil pressure switch for a warning light rather than a pressure transducer.

@Adamw

many thanks for the replies and help much appreciated.

as for your questions yes the dash has a coolant gauge and oil pressure light (not pressure sensor or gauge )  i will probably look to buy an oil pressure gauge so will be using a 3 pin universal oil pressure switch then .

The guy who will be mapping the car said I just need to upgrade from 3 to 4 wire lambda sensor ? 

And with the Tacho i don’t know if it’s a high level type will be a case of trial and error .

Also these engines have a coolant switch on the head for the fan , will I need this or will ecu activate the fan through my aux output

Also do you know what sensors etc should be used for digital input 

cheers 

23 hours ago, Fintank11 said:

The guy who will be mapping the car said I just need to upgrade from 3 to 4 wire lambda sensor ? 

It is still a narrow band and still no use for tuning.  3 wire and 4 wire are effectively the same, the 4th wire is just a ground, the 3 wire grounds through the body.  So a 4 wire is nicer in that it doesnt ground through chassis ground.

Also these engines have a coolant switch on the head for the fan , will I need this or will ecu activate the fan through my aux output

You can control the fan relay with the ecu if you have a spare aux output.

Also do you know what sensors etc should be used for digital input 

Digital inputs are mostly used for switches, hi/low boost, launch control, etc.  They are also used for speed sensors and flex fuel sensors.