LS Triggerscope - Check it out please

George GEP

Hello, can somebody post proper Base settings for Stock LS3 VVT and Triggers?

here is screen of settings that i need 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOTYxo3wPsigqFRpJ_LQuIdwZj_QEKRN31muPdi6NxwWkt_QapQFIdteFoyniKpMg/photo/AF1QipMNN-qzaRl58OOEmY-pU9BYnKjSjVbN9nh_zORh?key=NFQ3RnlmX1RMLXBqZWZRYTRMemZGZE5BRU84anN3

thanks in advance

The LS3 doesnot have VVT.  I believe only a L99 does.  But the L99 also has the weird "active fuel management" where they basically turn off 4 cylinders under cruise conditions.  We cant control that system.

As far as I know we have no info on the L99 VVT.  It is unknown whether we can control it or not.  If you do a triggerscope I can at least tell you whether we have a trigger pattern that will support a moving cam.

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The LS3 doesnot have VVT.  I believe only a L99 does.  But the L99 also has the weird "active fuel management" where they basically turn off 4 cylinders under cruise conditions.  We cant control that system.

As far as I know we have no info on the L99 VVT.  It is unknown whether we can control it or not.  If you do a triggerscope I can at least tell you whether we have a trigger pattern that will support a moving cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96F-aOfeps

what is this then?

we have same engine here that does have VVT on front cover right next to cam sensor.

These are the engines that have vvt, LS3 is not one of them.  As I said the L99 would be the closest to a ls3 with vvt.

Displacement RPO Code
4.8L L20          
5.3L LC9 LH9 LMF LMG    
6.0L L76 L96 LC8 LFA LY6 LZ1
6.2L L92 L94 L99 L9H    

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

• 2 weeks later...

by mistake i opened same thread in G4+ section

Please check Trigger scope file and map file both are in link below  

this is VVT LS Engine (not sure which one)

what trigger settings should be used for this engine? and what offset to calibrate timing 

now it is selected LS1 5-10

i see rpm signal in log, but engine stops while cranking - meaning wrong base timing

i just dont have timing light on hand

https://we.tl/t-p3IhugUqNL

please see and advice

thanks