CAN ID G4+ Xtreme to Aim strata dash

addex

G4+ Xtreme to Street MSX Strada 1.2 

how do i enable CAN2 function - D9 and D10 dont have Can selection, they are wired in but function selection is off, as you can see in the background of ECU info pic attached they are throwing a fault code?

***EDIT***  Error code Aux9/10 may be different issue, Aux 9 and 10 are connected to  oxy sensor and second fuel pump

ecu and fault code.PNG

aim dash info.PNG

Edited by addex
extra info

No settngs needed for DI9/10 - they just have to be set to off if you want to use CAN2 which it sounds like yours are.

1 hour ago, addex said:

Also I'm  trying to use Can2 output wires from Link  or do i have to purchase and use the CANF plug

Since it is an Xtreme with CAN 2 in the main header plug - no you can connect directly however you like.

*Important Note* - you need to update firmware in your ECU - you are on an old version 5.6.4, the LINK MXS CAN stream wasnt added until 5.6.6.

• 2 months later...

Hi

have been having constant issues with the Aim Dash 'dropping out' as in it will display data then reverts to zero as if ecu is not connected, also the dash does not always turn on, goes to a lit up black screen with the 4 grey panels next to buttons as seen in attached picture.  I first suspected it may have something to do with Can system  connection so i've tried Deutsh plug and also soldering joint. Could the dash not turning on have to do with too much currant draw on system when key on and goes to a safety mode?

I also need to connect in a TCI EZ-TCU for the 4l60e into Can system, I currently have it as a 3way join,  the EZ-TCU is getting the throttle position reading although no settings have been put in the CAN Setup for the trans controller- could i get some guidance in how to set this up or if it is possible

Thank you

aim dash.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-21 143707.png