tt link lost communication with tach in 02 audi a4

hwilliams

Hi all. Looking for help with my 02 a4 that i have installed a tt link extreme ecu in. I have also installed the optional link CAN-Lambda unit as well. Car has the AMB VVT-i engine . All was going good until I was running the car trying to get things setup when my tach stopped working. I have reset the ecu back to factory settings in case it was something I did but with no luck. It is not a bad cluster or sensor as if I plug in the factory ecu the tach will work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks for the quick response. Ive tried doing this multiple times now and it seems that even after clicking apply and then ok, and then performing a store. It keeps coming back up as being set in CAN 1 when i pull up the CAN settings again.

Sorry I see what it's doing now. When I open up the CAN setup it has CAN 1 selected but it is off. CAN 2 is set on audi tt but the tach will still not work. Does the can streams menu need to be repopulated? I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted the preset streams, or if they are not shown under preset CAN setups like the Audi TT setting.

Everything looks set up correct in that map but it weird you still have errors showing on CAN 1 when it is turned off.  Did you restart the car after turning off CAN 1?  

Can you try loading in the Audi TT base map and see if the tacho works with that?  

You mentioned earlier you had added a CAN lambda, what do you connect that to?  

The CAN Lambda is plugged directly in to the ecu via the expansion port on the side. Its a Link TT extreme plug in ecu. I have tried resetting the ecu and uploading the factory tt map but it does not seem to make a difference. I have reset the car multiple times as well. Last thing I'm going to try is reinstalling the software on my computer and building a new map from that, just to eliminate some more unforseen possibilities.  

How sure are you the tacho ever worked with our ECU?  If it's not working when you load the unmodified basemap map in then it suggests the CAN is different in this car that the TT.  Did you car come with the AMB engine or has it been swapped?  We dont have AMB as a supported platform on our compatibility list.

Everything was working just fine before I tried to get the CAN Lambda to work and went in and switched to CAN 1 with the Link CAN Lambda selected on channel 1. The AMB engine is stock for this car. Nothing has been swapped except for an upgraded turbo and intake setup, and upgraded fuel system as well. Is it possible we erased the default streams from the ecu?

5 hours ago, hwilliams said:

Is it possible we erased the default streams from the ecu?

No, loading in the base map should have fixed that.  From our notes it appears the temp gauge is controlled by CAN so the fact that your temp gauge is working suggests the CAN is still there.  

Hey Adam I was wondering if you may be able to provide me with the factory CAN streams that are programmed into the "Audi TT" setting so I can maybe try populating them myself. Seems nothing else is working to get the speedo and tacho working on the TTlink ecu again...  Thanks!