SupraLink "Unable to connect to ECU" error.

Supra Yoshi

I have recently done a single turbo conversion on my 1996 2jzgte Supra, in the process I deleted the sub throttle, Trac, a couple of the VSV's, I re-did the coilpacks to a R35 conversion and hooked everything back up the way I had it. The ECU does not pick up on my laptop anymore nor does it pick up in the software.

Before I did the swap I had the ECU connected to my harness and the laptop I am currently using with it was working fine before I touched any of the things needed to be removed. Could anyone tell me any of the pinouts I need to look out for?

I have connected the USB/com port to the laptop and it wont even show up in my task manager, I can only assume its a power issue? But which pin would I need to be looking for and if I've pulled a power pin can I just re-pin and use 12v connection? 

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am supposed to be going in for a tune tomorrow.. 

Please and thank you.

Pull the lid off the ecu case and turn on the ignition, if the ECU has power there will be a  blue or green LED glowing on the top board.   

9 minutes ago, Supra Yoshi said:

I have connected the USB/com port to the laptop and it wont even show up in my task manager,

It should show up in device manager as a com port even if the ecu is not powered up.  So please confirm if the LED is glowing or not first then we will decide what to test next based on that.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Pull the lid off the ecu case and turn on the ignition, if the ECU has power there will be a  blue or green LED glowing on the top board.   

It should show up in device manager as a com port even if the ecu is not powered up.  So please confirm if the LED is glowing or not first then we will decide what to test next based on that.

Hello good Sir. I opened up the lid on the front of the ECU where it shows “SupraLink” and the serial number. There is no blue light showing at all. So I assume it’s a power issue. What pin out would I be looking for then? And if I’m missing a pin, what can I route a new pin too? Please let me know, greatly appreciated. 

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hey! So I figured out that my A1 - DI 2 isn’t getting power? It needs to be linked off switched power so I’m just trying to figure out where I can link a relay/fuse to get switched power to it. 

1 hour ago, Supra Yoshi said:

So I figured out that my A1 - DI 2 isn’t getting power?

Yes, A1 should have +12V ignition switched power from the ignition switch.  It is only a low current trigger so doesnt need a relay.  

Once the ECU receives a 12V signal on A1, then the ecu will send 12V out of pin A24, this signal is to turn on the main EFI relay.  When the main relay engages it then sends 12V into pin A31 which is the main high current power supply to the ecu.

There also needs to be a constant 12V feed on pin A33 (live all the time).