Link G4+ pnp for Evo 4-8

mmatt

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Link G4+ p&p ECU for the Evo 4-8. In the manual, there is no allocation for An Volt1 and An Temp 3 for the Evo 4-6 (but its allocated to things on Evo 7-8). I have an Evo 6, does that mean I can still use these 2 ECU pins that are empty on my Evo 6 as analog inputs in the Link G4+?

Many thanks!

depending on your bottom board version analog 1 could either be pin 73 or the onboard map sensor (V1.1 is pin 73, v1.2 has 2 0R resistors to select either pin 73 or on board MAP and v1.3 onwards An Volt 1 is connected to the onboard MAP). If v1.3 or later you can't use Analog 1 for anything other than onboard MAP but you can use the onboard MAP instead the factory MAP sensor located on pin 73 freeing up that analog input (An Volt 8).

An Temp 3 can be used as another temperature input.

Thank you Vaughan!

I have v1.3 so yes I could then use pin 73 as another input. Has the jumper position (Evo 4-7 or 8) anything to do with inputs used or is it just for the intercooler spray and cat converter?

Also 2 more questions if I may ^_^. As the G4+ ECU has an onboard barometric sensor, may I use the pin used by the factory baro sensor (pin 85) as another analog input?

As I understand the factory MAF signal output is a frequency signal. I assume that if I am only running on the MAP sensor I cannot use the MAF ecu pin (90) as a std analog 0-5V input?

I'm trying to free some analog inputs for other sensors :)

26 minutes ago, mmatt said:

may I use the pin used by the factory baro sensor (pin 85) as another analog input?

Pin 85 is not connected to anything internally on our ECU.

I assume that if I am only running on the MAP sensor I cannot use the MAF ecu pin (90) as a std analog 0-5V input?

Yes, Pin 90 is AN Volt 2.

Has the jumper position (Evo 4-7 or 8) anything to do with inputs used or is it just for the intercooler spray and cat converter?

The jumper just changes which pin Aux 2 is connected to.  Evo 4-7 needs Aux 2 connected to the IC spray relay on pin 55, Vs Evo 8 has it on pin Pin 57.

I'm trying to free some analog inputs for other sensors 

Dont use AN V5, it has a pull up connected for the PS switch.  There are 4 ANV's on the expansion ports and AN Volt 4 maybe an option (oxy sensor). 

On 7/23/2020 at 2:33 PM, Adamw said:

Dont use AN V5, it has a pull up connected for the PS switch.  There are 4 ANV's on the expansion ports and AN Volt 4 maybe an option (oxy sensor). 

Wow, glad I read this. I have connected an oil pressure sensor to AN Volt 5, the sensor expressly says not to use a pull up on the signal pin. I will switch this to the now unused AN Volt 4. I have just looked again and while the manual does say to set up AN Volt 5 "like a DI" (which I completely missed) it doesn't expressly say not to use it for an analogue voltage input or mention that it has a pull up. Good to know now before I start the car! 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back my own thread, but is AN Temp 2 also an analog 0-5V input?

Is pin 90 a 0-5V analog input? MAF sensor produces a frequency signal afaik.

Trying to figure out if I can use these 2 pins as analog inputs for my use case.

16 hours ago, mmatt said:

AN Temp 2 also an analog 0-5V input

An Temp 2 is a 0-5V input with a 5V pullup that can be set to 1kOhm, 10kOhm or Off (not switchable on Atom and Monsoon but is on the bigger ecus).

16 hours ago, mmatt said:

Is pin 90 a 0-5V analog input? MAF sensor produces a frequency signal afaik.

On an EVO4-8 Plug-in Pin 90 is AN Volt 2 which is a 0-5V input yes. Looks like Evo 7-9 is a frequency based MAF which uses a DI input not an An Volt, I suspect EVO 4, 5, 6 use an Analog MAF which would be why the PNP is setup with an An Volt input.

Yes you can use pin 90 and An Temp 2 as analog inputs but An Temp 2 can only be setup as a temperature input in the G4+ software.