G4X Evo 4-8 pluging running legnum vr4 6A13TT

James991

Hi Guys,

Have a couple of questions regarding my g4x. Have a can wideband controller to run off the can-bus and have set it up the same as my g4+ in my Evo and setup the stream and the frame values the same and doesn't seem to work. last time I did it on the g4+ it came straight up under lambda 1. Is there a trick to make it work on this platform? 

Secondly trying to setup the cruise control switches running a Evo 10 steering wheel with its standard two wire output and with each switch outputting a different resistance. Tried logging the switch values with no luck and have a 5v wire wired to the positive wire of the switch for the pullup. Is this right?

Mitsubishi VR4 Galant-Legnum G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr no2.pclx

Oh, just noticed in your tune you have Lambda 1 assigned to none.  Go to Lambda 1 in the analog inputs section, set it to "Link CAN".

Also your CAN set up looks a bit weird with the compound ID in Byte 5, what controller is it?

Got it working now its a M&W Uego seems to work really well in my evo so far. Have had issues with bosch 4.9 sensors on a few different controllers and not real keen on them. This one is using a ntk sensor. Have a reading to the ecu but cant seem to see it right on the dash like it cant see the last two decimal places eg 0.800 on the ecu and 0.08 on the dash. 

7 hours ago, James991 said:

Have a reading to the ecu but cant seem to see it right on the dash like it cant see the last two decimal places eg 0.800 on the ecu and 0.08 on the dash. 

So its reading correct in the ecu now?  What dash do you have?

Hi Adam,

Worked out where I went wrong tried using the lcs file from my mxs dash setup so I could add/change sensors and realized they must be different mxs to mxg as i have gone back to the generic setup in the can setup for the dash and now it reads right. is there a different lcs file for the link mxg 1.2 Strada dash so I can see the frames? Wideband seems to read spot on now.

As far as I know all the Aim dashes should use the same scaling for lambda, so the MXG should be the same as the MXS.  The "AIM MXS" stream uses a lambda resolution of 0.01 whereas the generic dash stream uses 0.001, this was done to allow the AIM dashes to also support our older ecu's which transmit AFR instead of Lambda.  

Ah Right I know all the values were reading off when I tried using the lcs file I got off you from my mxs dash and had it set to user defined. Then set it up as the preset link dash like shown in the dash box then all the values went back to normal and the lambda reads correctly now. 

On 7/25/2020 at 9:32 PM, Adamw said:

CAN inputs and outputs are scaled differently in G4X.  For your lambda set the divider to 1000 will make it work the same as G4+.  

For the cruise switch you will need a pull-up resistor to 5V.  

seNSYhY.png

Hi had a look at this tonight and checked over how I have it wired and have it setup like this at the ecu. Tried a resistor to see if the ecu could see a value change and worked fine and figured it was further up the line and tested from the wheel back with a resistance wheel to see the value still changing then pulled the switch apart and checked it at the board and worked to there but still no signal out of the switch itself. The switch is brand new so I doubt it would be faulty but this has me stumped it should be giving some sort of readout. Have I missed something? Switch is a standard evo x cruise switch.