HC96X closed loop lambda and wideband calibration table

Jed_dc2

Trying to get my car running closed loop but cant seem to manage was hoping someone could take a look at these logs and the tune and make some suggestions.

Got my wideband connected to the ecu but the display reads slightly out from the laptop, it was suggested on facebook to adjust the calibration table using a known afr from the sensor warm up cycle I tried this and its still out slightly.

Any help would be appreciated, Im using a LD performance wideband it that helps at all.

thanks

Jed

Should probably have mentioned I tried settings up closed loop with the parameters in the help page of the software and was under the impression it would automatically adjust to 14.7:1 ?but nothing happened so I think another parameter might be stopping it from working.

Wideband uses cigarette lighter live and ground would prefer to keep it this way and alter using calibration table if possible.

If your device only has a single ground then it cant be connected to sensor ground and will always have a varying offset from reality.  Lambda will change whenever electrical load on the chassis changes such as fans turning on etc, so you will have to live with that.

You can view the CLL status by looking at the parameter " CL Lambda Status 1", in both your logs it shows " Lockout: Startup timer".  This is because you have a startup timer of 300s set so it wont start working until the engine has been running more than 300 seconds.

Would it be best to ground the wideband controller to pin D13 on the ECU ?

The wideband display has its own ground so could stay connected to the cigarette lighter.

I've had the engine running for more than 5 minutes only thing I noticed was it hunted at idle.

Should the idle speed controll solenoid table need adjust ?

2 hours ago, Jed_dc2 said:

Would it be best to ground the wideband controller to pin D13 on the ECU ?

No, that controller only has a single ground - no seperapte analog output ground.  This means the high current heater circuit is grounded through that ground wire.  You dont want a  noisy high current device connected to your sensor ground.  The best option for your device would be to ground to the engine block.

I added another ground point and they seem to be within 0.1 of each other now.

Also getting ECU fault code 16 an 17 for an volt 3 high and low values I have these set as 0.5v and 4.0v so I don't understand what happening there.

Apart from that everything seems to be going smoothly now even got closed loop working

7 hours ago, Jed_dc2 said:

Also getting ECU fault code 16 an 17 for an volt 3 high and low values I have these set as 0.5v and 4.0v so I don't understand what happening there.

That means the input is going above and below your error settings.  It probably does that during the warmup phase.  You have to set the error conditions outside of the normal voltage range that the device outputs.