Fan Blower ECM Pin-Out Location G4 WRX/STI V7-9

Steven Bicknell

Hi, does anyone know the correct location for connecting the GR wire from the blower fan relay to the G4 Link ECU WRX/STI V7-9?

That GR wire is currently housed in A9 B134 on my USDM/JDM hybrid harness which apparently connects to nothing on the Link.
(Note that I am not referring to the A/C relay that connects to aux inj-8.)

I've attached the wiring diagram from an 06 USDM STI to illustrate the wire I am referring to (marked in red). Where it connects to on the ECU in this diagram is irrelevant as my engine/harness is from a JDM EJ207 Version 8 . All other associated wiring with the blower checks out in continuity and voltage, so I'm 99% sure the incorrect connection to the ECU is to blame for the lack of response when I turn the fan dial. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.02.24 PM.png

That wire is not your problem, it is only used as a signal to the ecu to force the alternator out of low voltage/economy mode.  It is not connected to anything in our WRX104 ecu as our ecu doesnt control the alternator - it just runs in normal mode all the time.

It is the AC control module that grounds that wire to turn the blower relay on.

Im not sure to be honest.  Those AC control units are a black box of magic with more electronics than the space shuttle inside.  

It might be a question for a subaru specific forum.  But as far as I know, the AC unit needs no interaction from the engine ecu.