Intermittent ECU Fault Code #73, Aux 9/10 supply voltage

Pete_89t2

You have a large difference between TP sub and TP main.  Either the TPS calibration wasn't done or not stored, or something is failing.  Can you do a TPS calibration (have a log recording at the same time), then do a store, power cycle, and a new log of it idling after that.   

S33JLNP.png

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2024 at 5:33 AM, Adamw said:

Your file shares are restricted, go back into the share settings and set them to "anyone with link".

Hi Adam,

sorry I’ve been sort of off of this topic, the car has just been sitting ever since. 

I appreciate your help on the topic, 

I’ve set the link to “anyone with link” 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U4vho3rphiZhE26W4FtInJzDTRt2itmd/view?usp=drivesdk

let me know if it works for you now. I appreciate it.

You already shared that same log previously and I replied to it in the Jan 30 post above. 

You need to do this:

On 1/30/2024 at 12:12 AM, Adamw said:

Can you do a TPS calibration (have a log recording at the same time), then do a store, power cycle, and a new log of it idling after that.   

One of your TPS sensors is reading incorrectly.  It could be a bad connection somewhere or just one of the sensors failing.  

The cyan "sub" and purple "main" would typically sit just about exactly on top of each other all the time.  You can see at the left end of the log they were not perfect, but a lot better, then you initially see small patches of big differences that corrects itself, then eventually it gets to the point the ECU is not happy with the difference.  

QcqpDcg.png

Thanks. You may be right about the bad connection. I was tugging on the throttle wires and heard the throttle plate moving. I don't think it suppose to do that. I've changed the positioning sensor and throttle body already. It won't be easy to trace the throttle wiring since it's bundled with a lot of other wires in the harness but I'll give it a try. I'm open to any ideas.

I would start by setting up an empty page in PC Link with just a big digital gauge showing AN 2 & AN 4 voltages on screen so you can clearly see them. Then start bending, tugging, yanking,shaking loom etc while watching those gauges.  Start around the throttle body area and its connector etc.  Sometimes the terminals in the plug can lose tension or fret etc.