Subaru Trigger Sync Error

barge

At the end of my last track day the car started running very rich, and rough. Connected my laptop i'm getting a ton of LH/Intake errors and a sync error.

Prior to this the engine ran great. I'm using a JDM ej20x in my US car with additional wiring added for quad cam control.

Attached is my tune and a trigger scope with the engine running.

Before VVT cam control starts I'm showing a -30 retard on the LH exhaust cam as well.

Trying to figure out if this is a sensor issue or if I skipped several cam teeth or have something else mechanical going on.

Trigger Scope Log 2020-09-21 8;48;54 pm.llg LesboRacer EJ20x v3.18.pclr

Do you have any old triggerscopes saved on your laptop?  The position of the cam doesnt look too far away from where our internal documentation says it should be, but the cam signal is inverted to what our reference pattern shows.  

So Im not confident if the cam has moved - or maybe just the sensor is starting to die and is somehow given an inverted signal.  It would be nice if you had an old scope to confirm if the cam waveform has always been that way up or not...

Since both intake and exhaust are giving errors Im leaning more towards it being the timing has shifted but not 100% on that.

No I don't have anything old around.

This is actually with the sensor swapped to one I had laying around.

In the g4+ there's no way to get scopes on the other cam sensors outside of an oscope correct?

Sounds like I need to pop all the covers off and take a look.

Also there are 2 different ej20x versions as far as I know. But the only thing that changes sensor wise are the exhaust cam sensors which change from VR to Hall.

14 minutes ago, barge said:

In the g4+ there's no way to get scopes on the other cam sensors outside of an oscope correct?

correct.  

17 minutes ago, barge said:

Sounds like I need to pop all the covers off and take a look.

I think its going to be wise.

I cant share the internal documentation as it may have some sensative info related to sync strategy etc.  But below is a capture from a V11 that Im working on, notice the cam is inverted compared to yours.  Our Internal documentation for EJ25 VVT shows the same pattern as mine.  

Mine:

qEHxDGK.png

Yours:

cgPoci1.png