92 Suzuki Samurai - Atom G4x

Electredge

1.3l 4 cylinder - single throttle body injector - distributor with hall sensor 

curious if anyone has ever done this?

1. the trigger pattern?  I'll get pic of trigger wheel maybe later tonight but I've been told its 4 evenly spaced teeth, I'll see about scoping it if that's what needs to be done. 

2. Is running a 4cylinder with only 1 injector possible with an ATOM? 

Thanks for the help, I know this one is "out there" but I appreciate the help 

Jon

you would probably setup the fueling to be single point group with active drives set to 1-2 (only wire up injector drive 1), the only way to use only 1 injector at the moment is sequential injection on a 1 cylinder engine.

Scope of the trigger pattern is best as it shows the number and shape of the teeth as well exact positions and widths.

Might be worth checking the resistance of the injector and seeing if it has a resistor pack.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

you would probably setup the fueling to be single point group with active drives set to 1-2 (only wire up injector drive 1), the only way to use only 1 injector at the moment is sequential injection on a 1 cylinder engine.

Scope of the trigger pattern is best as it shows the number and shape of the teeth as well exact positions and widths.

Might be worth checking the resistance of the injector and seeing if it has a resistor pack.

if its setup to 1 cylinder, will it be able to fire the ignition properly?

Thanks for the help Vaughan

11 minutes ago, Electredge said:

if its setup to 1 cylinder, will it be able to fire the ignition properly?

The correct set-up for this system would be this:

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

setup the fueling to be single point group with active drives set to 1-2 (only wire up injector drive 1)

A quick search online suggests the TBI injector may be difficult to control, 1.2ohm with a peak/hold driver and the factory ecu apparently controls both sides of the injector to make it close quicker.  I have some doubt that it may not work well with a standard injector driver.  They are only about 500cc/min, maybe it would be an option to fit a more standard injector in there?

http://fixkick.com/INJECTORS/the-pulses-matter.html