Few questions about Parallels compatability

ellisd1984

I'm trying to figure out what causing the random disconnetions when using my Mac/parralels I've emailed their technincal department and as expected they deflected and pointed the figure elswhere.  Could someone from link have a quick read through this so I can back to them please?

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support. 

From your email, we understand that you are facing issues to use Link ECU.

We checked the screenshot and unable to find any issues. We request you to contact Link ECU and check if their product works in a virtual machine. We understand that you have tested it in a Windows PC but unlike a PC, a virtual machine is running in an application on a macOS which has limitations.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

No idea sorry.  We never intended it to work with a mac, have never tested or investigated using it on a mac, and none of us have a mac to try.  

The G4X ECU comms with windows is via a FTDI VCP and it runs at quite high speed, so I assume this would be the most likely area a VM would fall over.  Have you tried reducing the baudrate in PC Link?    Have you tried adjusting any of the advanced port settings like latency etc in windows device manager?