RB26 - Multifuel Issue

Stillrolla

Running a RB26 with ID2000, 91 map is tuned but when multi-fuel was turned on for ethanol. Car ran lean and VE table is maxed out if 30% could be added. only seen about 10% fuel added, so a little confused if there is maybe a over looked step or computer not responding.

Side Note : Also want to stream Ethanol content to AEM CD-5 

R32 ryan twin pump e85.pclr e85 log.llg

Dont quite understand what you are saying since you say maxed out at 30% then you only added 10%? 

You shouldnt need to adjust the VE much at all if everything is set right.  Typically the injector flow rate is less with ethanol.  

Ethanol content is already sent from the ecu, but it is not in the AEM template.  If you attach you dash config I can add it.

Sorry about that. So if you look at the fuel table 2 its almost maxing out on the high end, if i were to add 30% it would be maxed out. 

i compared the injector PW from 91 log and e85 log and it went from 1.2ms to 1.6ms around 2740rpm -2.5 psi map pressure. thats where i got the 10% from

I'm looking over the data and seems right, unless i entered something wrong somewhere.

I attached the AEM Template. Is it possible to show rotary switch position also ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q14x38npgygjqw/aemcd7 link G4plus r32 gtr oil pressure works fixing speed .aemcd7?dl=0

1 hour ago, Stillrolla said:

if i were to add 30% it would be maxed out. 

But why would you need to add 30% to the VE if the VE is already calibrated?  There will be small changes required due to difference in exhaust mass flow and EGT, and possibly some due to wrong injector info, but where is this 30% number coming from?

33 minutes ago, Adamw said:

But why would you need to add 30% to the VE if the VE is already calibrated?  There will be small changes required due to difference in exhaust mass flow and EGT, and possibly some due to wrong injector info, but where is this 30% number coming from?

I added 30% to the VE on table 2 (not in the calibration attached but as a test) and it seem to correct it but maxed out VE map. i think its incorrect injector data but not sure. 

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yeah, the easiest fix will be to drop your injector flow in the multifuel settings.  I havent tested an ID2000 with ethanol but usually the injector flow is about 10-15% less than the rated flow when tested with ethanol.

im gonna give that a try!

Thanks Adam ..... person question do you ever sleep !! LOL

Try the attached files.  I've added boost knob, ethanol and launch status to the dash.  I havent added channels into the standard stream in the AEM before so I may not have it right, it is not clear whether it needs the multiplexor assigned or not since that should in theory already be there for the existing stream but it seemed to need it so I have added it.  If no luck it may take a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

812819915_R32ryantwinpumpe85 with boost knob.pclr aemcd7 link G4plus r32 gtr with boost knob.aemcd7