WRX DBW setup issues.

Axel R

Hi All,

Im running into some issues / questions  in getting my DWB set up working correctly. 

I have a GC8 wrx with a 99 stock block and heads, it had larger injectors ( 815cc )  COP from a later model WRX and a GTX3071 stock location turbo, v mount intercooler / radiator set up in.  I am also running a EWP instead of a mechanical waper pump, plus a few other things. All of which was running well on a older platinum sport 1000.

I have since decided i want DBW,  which required a diffrent ecu.  I now have the fury and a later model sti DBW throttle, intake manafold  and pedal on it.

Currently i have got it all wired up, (DIY race spec loom)  and i am the stage where i would like to start it. I have the V7 bace map loaded  but have disabled the AVCS (even though i have wired the loom so i can have dual AVCS). I have configured all of my in's, outs and cam / crank, All seem good so far. I have been following the first start guide as closely as possible.  

• When i go to configure the DBW TPS and APS, i can get both to calibrate ok, but i cannot get the throttle to move when i am in either set up mode or e throttle ON mode or cranking it over ( in case the ecu will not actviate the throttle when not running ) I can hear the throttle power up when i turn the key on  in "ON mode"
  • Part b to this question is should i be seeing APS voltage tracking from high to low and TPS voltage tracking Low to high or vice versa , or it it fine for them to both track Low to high ? 
  • im guessing that ill be needing close to 50% less master fuel, since i have nearly 100% larger injectors for it to start and not flood, is this correct ?. I am currently using the traditional fuel equation.,Since i have come from a haltech would it be easier to switch to a modelled VE mode ? 

I have attached my base map for you guys to have a look at, im away at work currently so i cant get a log for you until nect week or so. Any insight would be very much appreciated.  

Cheers

Subaru WRX G4X Xtreme.non.avcs.lambada.on.pclx

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

The attached map will be closer.  I have made quite a few changes based on our latest V10 map, but the main problems with your E-throttle set up was the PWM freq was 100Hz instead of 1000Hz and your E-throttle target table was just zeros.

SubaruWRXG4XXtreme_non_avcs.lambada.on V1.1.pclx 416.09 kB · 0 downloads

Cheers Adam !!

Ill let you know how it goes next week.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the map, its worked a treat, I still had to reduce the master fuel too 3ms, due to it still not starting at 9ms. Since then, ive cycled up to temp and checked the timing ect, And roughly set the idle control / DBW throttle table. 

Now for a new issue, im not getting an RPM signal to my dash.

I have reconnected the wire from the body loom too AUX fuel 7, that i have made the tacho ouput. For refrence I am running an 06 STI cluster and loom in the GC8.  If i test it by PWM on the low side i get a beep on the meter at the pin on the dash plug, i also have tride upping the duty cycle to 50% still no joy though. 

Any ideas or advise ? 

There is no pull-up resistor on the injector outputs so I suspect that will be the reason the tacho is not happy.  Only the Aux outputs have a 12V pull-up.  

If you dont have a spare aux output to use for the tacho, then add 1K or 1.5K ohm pull-up resistor to the injector output like below should do it.

fsfW95Y.png

On 11/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, Adamw said:

The attached map will be closer.  I have made quite a few changes based on our latest V10 map, but the main problems with your E-throttle set up was the PWM freq was 100Hz instead of 1000Hz and your E-throttle target table was just zeros.

I'm assuming the g4X PnP have configurable Ethrottle frequency then compared to the fixed frequency in the G4+? That would be super nice as my big throttle body doesn't like the lower fixed frequency in the +

4 hours ago, barge said:

I'm assuming the g4X PnP have configurable Ethrottle frequency then compared to the fixed frequency in the G4+? That would be super nice as my big throttle body doesn't like the lower fixed frequency in the +

yes the G4X E-Throttle output Frequency can be set to a value between 100Hz and 10kHz