G4+ Xtreme Can info.

Rossogy

Hi Guys,

Does the above ecu have a built in 120ohm resistor for Can termination? 

I have the Link (Aim) MXS Strada dash and it wont show data so im guessing i either need to activate the resistor in PCLink or i need to add a resistor in.. 

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Ross

The ECU has a CAN termination resistor built in.  

Check you are on recent firmware - the MXS stream was only added in 5.6.6 something.  Also, assuming you have an Xtreme wire-in ECU, if you are using CAN 2, make sure DI9 & DI10 are set to off.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Check you are on recent firmware - the MXS stream was only added in 5.6.6 something.  Also, assuming you have an Xtreme wire-in ECU, if you are using CAN 2, make sure DI9 & DI10 are set to off.

Thanks Adam,

I'll Double check the firmware & DI9 & 10 today 

I will report back 

Thanks

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hi Adam, 

so just had a check.. DI9&10 are off and I’ve updated all firmware (ecu & dash) 

double checked I had the can wires the right way round. Still no communication to dash... any idea? I’ll upload my config and file once I’m home also. 

Thanks 

Ross 

Ive already tried changing between the three choices.. 

i had an issue with my older style Atom ecu and i had to add in a resistor on the ecu side. it was one of the early metal case G4+ 

Just looked back through my old config for the Atom and it was using the LINK - CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC (VER. 02.00.02)

Adam, Just changed all that you requested and its still the same. 

Any other ideas?

I noticed in the runtime values that there are errors on CAN2 like you said. I double checked the wiring again and it is 100% correct 

Thanks for the help 
Ross

MXS 1.2 Strada G4+ Xtreme2.zconfig 2JZGE+T VVTi Dash canbus2.pclr

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Both are configured correctly now.  The transmit and acknowledge errors suggest there is a problem on the bus.  Can you give us some photos of the wiring so a second set of eyes can confirm.

Hi Adam 

Pic shows 

white- Can H wired to B loom can2H

green- Can L wired to b loom can2L

wires are twisted to the dash also as requested if it’s over a distance 

BA567522-5BAA-48A9-A3D4-D5B21E24ACD4.jpeg

I dont have much else to suggest.  So, to confirm, your white wire that is shown in the pic above in ECU B connector, is connected to the white wire that is in position 8 in the AIM 14pin plug?  And the green wire connects to the Blue wire in pos 9 at the AIM end?  terminals are pushed fully home in the housings etc?