New 4.9.1 Software

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Guest |851|

Thank you for the update.

few notes:

The link "Changes in this version" points to the version history points to the FW version history data which has been updated last year.

http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/software.htm

version history of the vts software from the documentation:

Release Version 4.x.x.1165

New Features

· Temporary Password Protection unlock - Allows unlocking of a password protected ECU temporarily without permanently unlocking. The ECU will be locked next connect.

· Communicaions with Maine DynoLog dyno software - Note: This feature is still in testing.

Changes

· The maximum value for GP Output switching conditions based on RPM has been increased from 8000 to 20000. Other switching condition values have also had their ranges altered.

· Log files can now be downloaded when an ECU is password protected.

Fixes

· Display Min and Max values were not being saved for parameters.

· Axis did not work correctly on tables assigned to table allocation slot 11.

· Offline table allocation did not work for GP RPM Limit 2

· Log File Manager did not update correctly after recording a log file.

· Sections and Markers were out of order in the Log File Manager.

· Log File Manager sometimes showed SOL and/or EOL sections.

· Parameter Log Auto/Manual Scaling was not remembered.

and my personal addition to this list would be

- splash screen change to fugly: http://zonediscgolf.fi/media/supra/fugly_splash.PNG

Guest |851|

note on the splash, it apparently tries to do transparency on the background, but for some reason it is actually halting

for quite a while when trying to do this visual bit of trickery. please remove the feature, i'd rather look at something else than

a over hundred seconds of splash screen on top of everything possible when trying to start up the software. It does not add

anything to the software except more places for bugs.

also since whatever windows magic is not allowing it to have the proper priority it will also look like unresponsive app to the os.

http://zonediscgolf.fi/media/supra/spla ... hat_up.PNG, after clicking on the app in the task bar, i get the black screen.

then clicking on that it goes white and after this almost 2 minutes since starting the aplication it finaly starts up.

Guest filin

as I could see today is that AUTO(wide band mode) does not work properly. Ftrim in this mode is -(amount+-%FTrim). So, if my Ftrim in the setting is +-15%, my Lambda Ftrim is always -15%, -10% will give -10% and etc... May be I did something wrong but I dont think... Let me know how it works

Obviously there are some issues regarding the splash screen. Personally I have never seen it be a problem, but there have been several reports of it freezing. It should fade in and out in about four seconds. I have added this to the list to be improved or removed.

To filin: Please give some more information about your wideband problem. Perhaps post a map so we can install it in an ECU and test using your settings.

Guest filin

its very simple: if you have range for Fuel trim +-20%(for example) you will always have -20% applied to Fuel. Auto mode did not work and always pulled my AFR to the lean side. I played around hour with client's car and will have a chance to try again next week. If you set +-10% Ftrim, you will always have -10%. When I returned to previous version and upload my map I got broken Mivec map: axis setup was incorrect and I had 50 degree everywhere after 3000rpm)))).

Guest |216|
its very simple: if you have range for Fuel trim +-20%(for example) you will always have -20% applied to Fuel. Auto mode did not work and always pulled my AFR to the lean side. I played around hour with client's car and will have a chance to try again next week. If you set +-10% Ftrim, you will always have -10%. When I returned to previous version and upload my map I got broken Mivec map: axis setup was incorrect and I had 50 degree everywhere after 3000rpm)))).

The same thing happend when I tested the Auto wide band mode. (did not try much) The axis setup also have som issues. When changing an axis it will not set it up correctly.

Guest |851|
We have now a number of bugs that have been identified :( and of course are working to resolve these. If any more come up pleas post and let us know.

forums suck for anything else than discussion, would it be possible to setup a bugzilla where we could file bugs? would also make it easier to check if it is a known issue or something new.

Guest Marcel B
We have now a number of bugs that have been identified :( and of course are working to resolve these. If any more come up pleas post and let us know.

Soooo , i guess I should wait before I actually update my firmware :?:

Guest |851|

Soooo , i guess I should wait before I actually update my firmware :?:

well, this is the reason usually there is a list of "known issues or open issues" supplied with the release note, since most likely in a case that software is releases, the issues are so minor that they would not actually effect most of the users, or are cosmetic by the nature. (such as the splash screen).

If you make this kind of information public, atleast you don't have to debug issues with n+1 different versions of software since people have enough information to make the decision to update theirs.

Guest Marcel B

I have only downloaded the new soft/firmware to see the new changes and familarize myself with them .I am not yet reday to try it out since my car is down at the moment.

Guest filin

yesterday I noticed that close loop for boost does not work correctly even after returning to previous software. I returned to previous, upload good map but boost does not work. Axis setup has bugs, WGduty always changs in itself. I tuned car in open loop which works)))

• 2 weeks later...

Simon,

With the new software I cannot pin the ECU Settings window to my view. As soon as I select a parameter to change (Fuel -> Injection timing) the pinned ECU Settings window disappears. It only comes back when I click View -> ECU Settings. I'm about 99% sure this only happens with the new update as the previous version that I used was working as intended. Thanks

-Eric Urness

• 1 month later...
Guest filin

when the last software will be updated? My knock control does not work, my client's engine has blown... I am assembling the new one and dont want to run with current. I returned to previous which worked well, but its turns on full of bugs now.

Guest filin

after returning from 4.9.1 I turn on knock it seems on, after several sec it turns on off by self.... I have not known about it and release client's car. After little runes it was broken down... Before this car run 1 year w/o any problem. There is dyno of it at this forum. I assume I had trouble with timing control, because base ignitione was very safe.