New 4.9.1 Software

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Hi Filin

Many bugs does not narrow down where we should be looking. We need much more specific information.

We are aware of a number of problems many of which are already sorted in the soon to be released 4.9.3

With the knock issue is it the signal not being correct, the correction if knock is detected doesn't work, gain control doesn't work, timing doesn't change with knock retard?

Can you email the two PCL files one on the working firmware and one of the knock not working?

Guest filin

may be I am not clear for you. when I am ONLINE and try to switch on KNOCK it does not switch. When OFFLINE-all good. I am sending 2 maps: old and latest after returning from 4.9.1

Hi filin,

Thank you for sending in your base-maps. I have had a look and found the reason for your Knock menu reverting to off. The reason is not related to your firmware version. On your 'good' basemap you have DI 5 setup as "Start Position" with your pullup resistor turned to OFF. On your 'bad' basemap you have DI5 set to "GP Input", with your pullup resistor set to ON. As stated in the VTS help section for knock control:

Note: If you are using a V44 or a Plug-In ECU, knock control will NOT work while the DI5 pull up is turned on. The pullup must be turned off in the DI5 setup menu. If the device wired to DI5 requires a pullup then an external pullup resistor (4.7 kOhm) must be wired. If the DI5 pullup resister is turned on, then knock control will be forced off immediately.

If you change your DI5 settings back you will find your knock control works well. If you need your DI5 settings to have a pullup resistor you can do as suggested in the help and fit an external pullup resistor.

I hope this has helped resolve your problem.

Scott.

Scott,

I realise this has strayed from the original topic somewhat but,

I've studied the pinouts for both the V44 & V88. Just curious how the DI5 pull-up (not available on the V44) affects the V44's knock detection program, yet doesn't affect the V88 knock detection. I'm soon to be in the process of wiring a knock sensor to a V88 that has the DI5 pull-up enabled. Also, can the V88 handle knock sensors with a differential output, connecting knock 1 to the knock sensor +ve & knock 2 connecting to the knock sensor -ve? would be good for rejection of electrical interference.

Many thanks

The wire in V44 it isn't really an issue as Di5 doesn't exist. However on the plugins it is a problem.

It would also be on the V88 if you were running an external knock amplifier, However most people don't do this as there is on-board knock detection.

Both V44 and the plugins don't have an on-board option.

For wiring of the sensor the -ve should be connected to the sensor ground from the ecu, +ve to the knock input. Knock 2 is used for a second sensor.