EZ30D (1st gen) base map

timslib

Hey guys,

I have a Link G4+ plug in (WRX107) for my H6 swapped and turbocharged Subaru Liberty, and I’m wondering if anyone has a functional base map for it so that I can get the car started and assign some sensors etc before sending it to my tuner to make his life a bit easier. 

For reference, it still has a stock fuel system with the 260~cc injectors but I’m adding a flex sensor, boost controller etc. 

Please let me know if you need any additional info  

Huge thanks all! 

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I will probably be able to knock something up.  Im not hugely familiar with the H6 variations though.  Does this one have the AVCS on the intake and the switched cam on exhaust?  Cable throttle?

Thank you hugely sir!

This one has the cast intake with the cable throttle body, no AVCS or AVLS on these engines, either. 

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

I will probably be able to knock something up.  Im not hugely familiar with the H6 variations though.  Does this one have the AVCS and the lift solenoid on the intake only?  Cable throttle?

Oh, quick note here, I listed the incorrect ECU. It's a WRXLink V7-9, it's a 5 plug unit. Sorry about that!

Also, I attached the relevant wiring diagram which is essentially the body harness from an 01-03 Outback H6 (which mine has) incase you need any reference. 

If I can help any other way, let me know!

EZ30-diagram-from-rhino (1).pdf

This will be a starting point.  Im unsure if the trigger mode is correct as I have never seen one with no AVCS so check RPM on the screen when you first get to crank it and if it doesnt look right then do a triggerscope so we can see what it has.

You will need to set up a few of the output that you have moved such as the fans and tacho.  The inj 5& 6 and ign 5 & 6 arent assigned yet in this map but that will happen automatically when you load the map into an ECU. 

Subaru EZ30 V7 G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr

On 12/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, Adamw said:

This will be a starting point.  Im unsure if the trigger mode is correct as I have never seen one with no AVCS so check RPM on the screen when you first get to crank it and if it doesnt look right then do a triggerscope so we can see what it has.

You will need to set up a few of the output that you have moved such as the fans and tacho.  The inj 5& 6 and ign 5 & 6 arent assigned yet in this map but that will happen automatically when you load the map into an ECU. 

Subaru EZ30 V7 G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr 163.21 kB · 1 download

You are an absolute gun! I'll load it up after the holidays, got a bit on for the moment! I've set up the trigger scopes just so we can log it by default to see what it does, if it starts first go or otherwise. I think these engines are also down one cam position sensor, so we may need to offset that. Otherwise, I believe the crank trigger pattern to be the same as the 2nd gen EZ30'R'.

Cheers mate and happy holidays to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy howdy, we're back again. 

Made a couple log files, it didn't fire and the trigger scope looked... weird. I logged the standard running parameters and the trigger scope. NOTE: engine temp was high as I had driven the car recently with the stock ECU. IAT sensor appears to be faulty.

ez30logfile.llg Trigger Scope Log 2021-01-3 8;36;04 pm.llg

After checking the trigger scopes, it didn't seem to capture anything. Hmm. I'll have to try again.

Your log shows realistic RPM and no trigger errors so that is usually a sign the trigger is ok.  

You triggerscope has only just captured half a revoltution so I suspect you have done it wrong, make sure you only click the capture button when the engine is already cranking.

Have you checked the base timing with a timing light?  Have you done the injector & ignition test to confirm all are wired to the correct cylinders?

That's good news! Haven't been nearby the car for a minute so haven't managed to have a tinker. 

I'll redo the trigger scope when I can and check the base timing. I found that the map has ignition outputs 5 and 6 set to "tacho" and "off" respectively, whereas injection outputs 5 and 6 are set to "engine fan 1" and "IC spray" respectively, also. Will these be corrected on the ECU when it gets turned over? Again, I'll have another look when I'm nearby :D 

Cheers mate, 

Tim

P.S. some questions may seem a bit low IQ, I do apologize

Hey again Adam, 

Thank you for your help so far, you are a legend! I haven't checked the base timing yet but I have confirmed the injectors and coils are wired correctly. I did assume they were given that it is a stock Outback harness, lol. 

I also completed a better trigger scope for your perusal. 

Cheers mate! 

ez30triggerscope.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Adamw said:

As I said earlier:

Hey Adam, I got the injectors all firing nicely, all sensors working etc. What I'm struggling with on this ECU, is cylinder 5 ignition and tacho output. With the WRX7-9 w/ Ethrottle model, the expansion harness starts with Ign cyl 6, not 5. Supposedly it's used as the tacho output, however that's not listed on the pinouts in the manual. So I have no idea which pin is used for the tacho, the FSM's for the model this ECU supports indicate it would be pin 22 on plug C, which is currently my cylinder 3 ignition. Can you/anyone shed some light on this? 

Also, I have the tacho wire for my gauge cluster however, it doesn't respond to any output. That may warrant some further investigation. 

• 7 months later...

So, general update. Everything seems to be working. 

Only little hiccup at this time is that the idle speed controller is, for some reason, wired to Aux 3 which according to the Link contents, should be wired to Aux 5, 6, 7 or 8. So, may need to repin that baddie as it also needs to be driven high, which is a bit confusing for my tuner. Tests confirm that with the ISC driven low, it will not work.

7 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The high side drivers can't do pwm, can you rewire it so that you are controlling the low side and have an ignition switched power supply to the high side?

I'm going to have to take another look. Clearly something's gone amiss. 

I thought about my process. I switched to Test mode (ON) and the ISC clicked after I drove it high. Then, I went back to PWM test mode and it was responding to frequency. Very possible that driving it high loosened it somehow. 

28 minutes ago, Timmy0240 said:

I switched to Test mode (ON) and the ISC clicked after I drove it high

setting the output polarity to high doesn't make it drive high unless it is set to be a high side driver. setting a Low side driver to high just means that it is now floating with a slight pullup to 12V.

31 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

setting the output polarity to high doesn't make it drive high unless it is set to be a high side driver. setting a Low side driver to high just means that it is now floating with a slight pullup to 12V.

Oh, okay, I didn't realise that, thank you. 

Is there any issue with leaving the ISC pinned to Aux 3 or should I move it? For reference, this is a factory 02-04 Outback/Lancaster H6 harness used with a WRX9 plug-in.