Vipec to G4X Mini R53

1qwkmini

I recently replaced my Vipec with a G4x. I was having issues with throttle causing it going into limp mode. Due to COVID Lockdown here I can't take the car to anyone to set it up, so I have been learning more about tuning and working on the transfer myself.

Unfortunately the files don't transfer directly, so I have been transferring the important parts of the tune manually and the car now runs. 

I have started with getting a stable idle (also a problem on the Vipec) and E throttle setup at 0 APS seem high and I have need to lean out the fuel table and reduce the timing to get a stable idle.  I think I must have something fundamentally wrong somewhere.

Maybe someone else can find it.

Attached are 2 previous Vipec files, current stable G4x file and a log of stable idle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by 1qwkmini
Clearing upload space

It doesnt look anywhere close at all.  One problem that needs to be fixed is the MAP sensor calibration is wrong, you should be using the calibration "Mini 2.5Bar abs", but if you change this now it will change the whole fuel tune quite a bit.  So maybe dont change it quite yet, but keep it in the back of your mind and make sure it is changed before any fuel tuning later.

As for the idle, the G4X works very different to the older ecus so a lot of the settings you copied over arent helping.  Attached below is your map with some changes so it is a closer starting point, but a lot of the changes are just guesses.  Can you load this in and do another log and I will suggest some tweaks from there once we have some relevant data.    

You can use the file compare feature to see what I changed.  

New idle.pclx

Thanks Adam...Map sensor is not a stock Mini unit...it is one provided by Jan at RMW to counter the problems with the stock unit at higher boost (when I was still running the TMIC). But at this point with the FMIC I don't get anywhere near the same boost and could actually go back to the stock sensor.  Will give the new idle.pclx a go.

ADAM---YOUR THE MAN

Idles quite nicely.

I returned the fuel and Ign tables back to the original Vipec settings before trying your fix..file attached...thought that might be the best place to start.

I made changes to the warm up enrichment and played with the fuel table a little...running pretty rich at idle...file included and a log.  Do I correct the Lambda in the fuel map or is there somewhere else to adjust?

Accel enrichment also needs a little work...rpm drops a lot on return to idle...see late in the log.

THANKS SO MUCH

Newidle-original F-IGN.pclx Newidle-original F-IGN--wu changes.pclx PC Datalog - 2021-01-6 9;29;59 am.llgx

The undershoot at the end of your log after the blip is due to the base position being too low (it needs about 8.2% to idle before that point but the base table only has 6.5% for that temp.  I suspect also the dashpot function will need some work too.  Get the base position right first.  Dash pot is best to do by experimentation, see this post for a basic guide:  

As for Evans I believe you can do it either way, you can get a subscription for 1 month, 1 yr, or lifetime which allows you to watch anything, or you can just buy the specific course you want outright.  Contact link is here: https://evansperformanceacademy.vhx.tv/contact/support